Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posible for car to run better NA with N2o

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Absolutely. But, if you've done your tuning and know that you have it right, aren't doing anything different then you normally do and everything is fine, they're o.k. to run.

I used to make the first hit at the track on a set of NGK's, make sure that they looked o.k., and unless I planned on changing the jet on the car I'd put a set of autolite's in.

I found, that I could make about 3 runs on a set of NGK's before I started to see the car run a little rough, not idle as good, start harder, and start to slow a touch. If i put the autolite's in, I could make 5 or 6 hits on them and not have an issue. I always pulled them and checked them out to make sure everything looked good, and they always did.

It's one of those things, a stock car with a 125 shot can run a #8 or #7 heat range autolite and have no problems, simply because it's not gonna hurt anything unless you're WAY out in left field.

In my case, it was a full blown nitrous motor with about 1/3 of what I should have been hitting it with, if I hurt something with a single 65 jet in the car, I'd have to have been doing something really dumb. As long as I kept the #9 or #8 heat range in it, and the 118 nos torco fuel, it wasn't getting hurt.

Situations like this, they are a good plug. For what you guys are going, I wouldn't even think about it.

I ever get my junk back together, I'm not even gonna try them. #10 or #11 NGK will be all I'll ever run, maybe, a #9 for motor stuff. But, I run it on motor it's not gonna be like the old setup, I'm gonna have to lean on the thing to get it to run what I need it to run
Old 09-01-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JL and ATV have this 100% right.

Autolites are great plugs IF you aren't pushing things with your tune/heat range selection and have things sorted. They've got what seems to be a tougher ground strap making them harder to read, but less forgiving if stuff hits the fan.

NGK's are great for initial tuning or providing a little extra safety if you're leaning on it.

I'll stick with NGK's though.... They've saved me once or twice.... I'd rather nip a $2 plug than spend thousands rebuilding a motor.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:25 PM
9 Second Club

We never make a run without changing something so we stick to NGK's

Good luck with autolites.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I leave the jug off the 408 for a while, I'm sure the autolite's wil be fine. Still put an ngk in for the initial runs... but once it's good... not much to do with an n/a car that's gonna hurt it.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

Ill stick with NGK on spray, the autolites worked fine for me NA.