Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

zex blackout kit? what you think...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zex blackout kit? what you think...

Ok I know one of the most hated things was the ugly purple and all ricers used it. But now that they have it in black, what you think? I just picked up a kit for about 375 brand new so wanted to see what you all thought about it. Im not trying to help out zex in any way but is the reason people hate it because it won't do more then a 175 shot. To me the S*** looks clean! All black few wires to deal with and a easy hook up. Don't get me wrong im not new to the big power, and not looking for the easy way out of a big wiring project. I just wanted to see what people thought? The last post was back in 2006 so figured I would bump up a new one. I have heard with new nozzle and jets someone trying a 250 on it but can't remember if it worked or not?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

It's a very nice beginner system and is a nice product that is tremendously easy to wire up. The biggest complaint is over the jetting becasue it's not RWHP jetting it's Flywheel so a 100hp shot will only probably net you around 75hp.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

If your looking for a good quality "entry level" nitrous kit, its hard to beat Zex.
I bought mine 4 years ago from nitro daves and to this day brings a smile every time I nail it. Before my cam I ran it with 100 shot jets and it took 8/10ths off of my 1/4.
Since my cam install I have dropped it down to a 75 shot, [need a racetronics pump] but by next spring I will be upping it to a 125 shot.
I think thats as big as you can go because of the relatively small noids.
So if you think that a 125 fwhp nitrous kit will be enough for for you then I believe you will like what Zex can deliver.
The all black look does look good too, dosn't it?
Old 09-09-2010, 07:17 AM
9 Second Club

It all depends on what your long term goals are. If you play on going up to a bigger shot then I would invest in a different kit. Nitroous Outlets Brand X kit is a good kit HSW makes a good kit to. Around where I live there is not alot of people run Zex KITS. bUt Its all in eye of the beholder.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

I guess I will just have to up grade later, and yes I don't see me going bigger then 150 just because I don't want to push over 650 rwhp. Don't see the LQ9s lasting that long on big power all the time. It's my dd so I need it to last awhile. Thanks alot for the info I'm working on a nice set up for the spare tire space so I will post pics up when I'm done. Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: zex blackout kit? what you think...