Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Direct Port Users.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Direct Port Users.

Hey guys/Gals
Im new to the forum coming from the SRT Boards and Im hoping you guys that have been using these systems can help shed some light.

Over in the Modern hemi world are now starting to use D/P set ups. I was wondering of you could share some jet combos that you have used that have been a proven combonation. Most of us have been running 300/350 shots and have done well with them. Now we want more power So if you would share your experiences I would appreciate it.

FWIW Those of us with the D/P set ups do have dedicated fuel systems,correct plugs and forged motors. So any addional info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:43 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1fst4dr
Hey guys/Gals
Im new to the forum coming from the SRT Boards and Im hoping you guys that have been using these systems can help shed some light.

Over in the Modern hemi world are now starting to use D/P set ups. I was wondering of you could share some jet combos that you have used that have been a proven combonation. Most of us have been running 300/350 shots and have done well with them. Now we want more power So if you would share your experiences I would appreciate it.

FWIW Those of us with the D/P set ups do have dedicated fuel systems,correct plugs and forged motors. So any addional info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

LOL, My best Friend has a SRT jeep that looks stock with a 200 shot plate kit. here you go man. First of all I would just get it on the dyno and individually tune each cyc with the righ jet. You could also get a plate kit to add to your DP kit and do two stages of nitrous.
Im currently using a 6 jet spread with my DP but changingt to a 5 jet spread my running low pressure fuel.
Hope this helps you man.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
LOL, My best Friend has a SRT jeep that looks stock with a 200 shot plate kit. here you go man. First of all I would just get it on the dyno and individually tune each cyc with the righ jet. You could also get a plate kit to add to your DP kit and do two stages of nitrous.
Im currently using a 6 jet spread with my DP but changingt to a 5 jet spread my running low pressure fuel.
Hope this helps you man.

Thanks, I used to run a 175 through a plate,After I swapped motors i went to the D/P Im currently running a 250/300 shot but looking to add more. everytime I change jets it seems to fall on its face.

I also have a dedicated fuel system,low pressure. Currently set at 10 psi. A/F is about 10.8/11.0 so its still on the fat side. I really would ideally like to hit it with a 500 shot,But baby steps I guess..
Old 09-19-2010, 10:50 AM

BTW What do you man by the term " 6 jet spread??" The sizes between the fuel and N20 jet??
Old 09-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I used to run a 175 through a plate,After I swapped motors i went to the D/P Im currently running a 250/300 shot but looking to add more. everytime I change jets it seems to fall on its face.

I also have a dedicated fuel system,low pressure. Currently set at 10 psi. A/F is about 10.8/11.0 so its still on the fat side. I really would ideally like to hit it with a 500 shot,But baby steps I guess..
By jet change to you mean switch to a larger shot? What sort of system are you using? Are you tuning of the plugs? What jetting are you using?

500 shot is a good dose of spray. I like your attitude

BTW What do you man by the term " 6 jet spread??" The sizes between the fuel and N20 jet??
Yes sir.

I would be happy to give you my email sir. If any of your Hemi teammates have questions, feel free to have them give me shout.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From application to application you will see a varience in final jetting. Some people believe that X spread is going to work from one motor to the next and I can tell you from the many nitrous cars I have tuned most of the time each one is different. There are alot of different things that come into play.

Can you be more specific to what info you are looking for? Or are you just curious to how much people are spraying?
Dave