Sponsored by:

stand alone fuel systems

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stand alone fuel systems

can you guys give me any input on these why do people run these? does anyone have any input also id like to run the fuel cell in the trunk by the t-tops, would i be able to run it back there? if so what would it take
Old 09-29-2010, 12:07 PM
FormerVendor

They are run for multiple reasons. The main one is to use race gas with your kit without having to fill your cars tank up with $10+ a gallon fuel. I also use it because i'm making to much power for a 255 intank, so it supplies my nitrous.

We've run them in the trunk before. We just moved the regulator to the engine bay and ran a feed and return from the cell to the regulator.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

A standalone it is used for two main purposes. Either the enrichment fuel for your nitrous is a different grade then when you run in the motor, or the main fuel system can't support the motor and the extra demand of the nitrous system.

A stand alone isn't needed typically unless you are running lots of power on motor and or a really big shot of nitrous. If you explain your goals of power then we can help figure out what you need for a main and possibly a standalone system.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA

well im planning on running a 200/250 of nitrous. because im still converting it to a wet/plate set up
Old 09-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stand alone's are great in street cars. They allow you to use higher octane fuels for the nitrous enrichment. Your fuel system will no longer have to support the fueling needed for the nitrous.

Being able to independently adjust the fuel pressure to nitrous also allows some extra ease of tuning.

If want shoot me a pm. Ill go over your whole setup with you.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The dedicated fuel system is a cost affective way of supplying enough fuel to support the added hp.

In the F-body you can use a racetronix system for up to about 650 rear wheel hp when using with a nozzle or plate system. With a directport its a different story.

We designed the all in one dedicated design many years ago because we were pushing the upgraded stock style fuel systems pass there limit. The customers were not real happy about having to spend a 1000.00 dollars pluss on upgrading the fuel system to the next level.

We were originaly using a JR dragster cell with a holley black pump and we would take the holley regulator and machine a return fitting into it. By the time it was all said in done in parts, fittings and shiping we were around the 500 or so mark but the install was not bling like we like things.. Don't get me wrong it got the job done but we knew we could design something better.

So we set down and designed an aluminum tank to neatly bolt in the car. We mounted a walboro pump inside and then went on the hunt for a regulator that would allow the customer to choose between high or low pressure. We took the time to test and flow the combo to see if it would safely do what we wanted. End result was a perfect fitting, sexy looking, high out put dedicated fuel system.

We now have many different designs for different applications..

Obviously we were on to something because years later other companies started building knock offs of our hard work and creativity..

The advantages of the dedicated fuel system is.

Cheaper than upgrading the factory style fuel system to support over 650 hp.
You can run leaded high octain gas in the tank.
Easy to install and remove.
Easy fine tuning to adjust airfuels with out affecting the motors airfuel.

We offer our top of the line custom built dedicateds as well as our plastic series.

Check out all the different designs we offer!
http://nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/cat...=24&section=73

Quick Reply: stand alone fuel systems