Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about setting up FJO progressive.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Question about setting up FJO progressive.

Setting up a FJO progressive. Have tapped into the TPS sensor wire. The instructions say to turn on the unit by turning on the arming switch. Hold the set button until the LEDS flash. Wait for the green to go out and then press the throttle wide open and let and repeat. Then verify that green LED comes on at WOT and off at idle.
Does the engine need to be on and running for this to set? I figured just having the key ON would be enough, but it is not setting.

I really didn't want to go WOT sitting in my car port in neutral
I verified that I am getting a TPS signal using EFI live with the key in the ON position.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

The car has to be running. Make sure that your solenoids are disconnected, or atleast the NOS feed line is disconnected. You don't want to be spraying your car at low rpm like that....especially if you plan on doing it in nuetral.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DarkC5
The car has to be running. Make sure that your solenoids are disconnected, or atleast the NOS feed line is disconnected. You don't want to be spraying your car at low rpm like that....especially if you plan on doing it in nuetral.
Tried it with the car running, and still is not capturing the TPS.. I am tied into the blue wire at the TPS sensor. It reads 0v at idle and 5v at WOT. Should I be using a different wire?
Old 10-02-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

Make sure the red/white wire from the fjo is tied into the tps signal wire and the green wire from the fjo is hooked upto the tach output from the pcm white wire and that you have the software setup for non falling tps sensor and tach setup to divide2 disconnect solenoids turn key on arm the controller with your foot off the throttle press and hold the tps learn button until red yellow and green leds flash then when the green led stops flashing and goes out go wot twice releasing it fully after each time. Then verify green led is off at key on foot off the gas and green led on when wot no need to have the car running if the green led is flashing u have bad tps signal if u have a problem lemme know hope that helps u out ill find out the tps wiring for u if u need it just dont have it in front of me right now im on my phone tryin to type all of this

Last edited by spaulding; 10-02-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by spaulding
Make sure the red/white wire from the fjo is tied into the tps signal wire and the green wire from the fjo is hooked upto the tach output from the pcm white wire and that you have the software setup for non falling tps sensor and tach setup to divide2 disconnect solenoids turn key on arm the controller with your foot off the throttle press and hold the tps learn button until red yellow and green leds flash then when the green led stops flashing and goes out go wot twice releasing it fully after each time. Then verify green led is off at key on foot off the gas and green led on when wot no need to have the car running if the green led is flashing u have bad tps signal if u have a problem lemme know hope that helps u out ill find out the tps wiring for u if u need it just dont have it in front of me right now im on my phone tryin to type all of this
Thanks, I have done everything as you described except, I can not find any where in the software where to set the TPS "rise" or "fall".

The one thing I see I did wrong was, I have the tach signal set to X2 instead of /2. BUT I have the RPM set to off in the software, as per instructions, so that shouldn't have made any difference.

Quick Reply: Question about setting up FJO progressive.