Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How NOT, i repeat, NOT to install a nitrous kit!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
The WOT switch with the "custom" bracket was my favorite part. I see how thats much better than using the TPS sensor.
ithe msd window switch i had didnt work off the tps...man if i quote everyone..i will be here all day...i gotta stop.

Last edited by Leeroyws6; 10-26-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Launching!

whats up with all the haters?its not like this on ls1.com
Old 10-26-2010, 12:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Leeroyws6
its nice to know im famous.too bad for all the wrong reasons.im not sore or bitter from all the harsh comments.i will agree with everyone.my install sucked.i bought the kit from a guy at work.it wasnt model specific.im not going to defend my install at all.i wasnt completly finished with the install(hence the feed line and purge line not secured).anyway i am real suprised at all the harsh comments from the lsx community.THIS WAS MY FIRST INSTALL.i did ask you guys a few questions..like whre should i install the nozzle?and all i got was..dry=before maf wet= after maf.and the jb weld was just a seal to make sure i didnt have a vaccuum leak.i do have a 19mm fine thread nut screw tohe nozzle...but then again,im not here to defend my install,i know i fucked up.i guess i just needed some pics or to do more research.i was just trying to get it done with what i had.listen guys,i am truly sorry for the "half assed install".my next one will be much better.yes..im going to try again.you learn alot from mistakes.just suprised at some of the guys comments.but oh well.YOUR WELCOME FOR ALL THE LAUGHS. lol!
Give me a call at the shop. 1-866-648-7637 or shoot me a pm. I will be happy to give you some advice to get you on a safe and fun track. You handled the internet poking very well. Takes a big man to laugh it off and say ok lets fix this then.

Let me know if I can help you out.
Dave
Old 10-26-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 913 Likes on 653 Posts

I can't believe I watched that fire starter video. I honestly think I am dumber for watching it. I like how he had to take his shirt off for the video. WTF is wrong with some people.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

its nice to know im famous.too bad for all the wrong reasons.im not sore or bitter from all the harsh comments.i will agree with everyone.my install sucked.i bought the kit from a guy at work.it wasnt model specific.im not going to defend my install at all.i wasnt completly finished with the install(hence the feed line and purge line not secured).anyway i am real suprised at all the harsh comments from the lsx community.THIS WAS MY FIRST INSTALL.i did ask you guys a few questions..like whre should i install the nozzle?and all i got was..dry=before maf wet= after maf.and the jb weld was just a seal to make sure i didnt have a vaccuum leak.i do have a 19mm fine thread nut screw tohe nozzle...but then again,im not here to defend my install,i know i fucked up.i guess i just needed some pics or to do more research.i was just trying to get it done with what i had.listen guys,i am truly sorry for the "half assed install".my next one will be much better.yes..im going to try again.you learn alot from mistakes.just suprised at some of the guys comments.but oh well.YOUR WELCOME FOR ALL THE LAUGHS. lol!
SO the question remains... Did you ever run the car on the bottle with it like that?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

Someone get some tools and supplies and go help him get it squared away properly.. take pics and new video
Old 10-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Atleast the owner is a good sport about it. I hope you get it all sorted.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I can't believe I watched that fire starter video. I honestly think I am dumber for watching it. I like how he had to take his shirt off for the video. WTF is wrong with some people.
this is texas in the summer.i dont wear a shirt unless i have to.the fire starter video is a joke.please dont take the humor out of it by having me to explain that.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bene
Atleast the owner is a good sport about it. I hope you get it all sorted.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 913 Likes on 653 Posts

this is texas in the summer.i dont wear a shirt unless i have to.the fire starter video is a joke.please dont take the humor out of it by having me to explain that.
Man I know it was a joke.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SargeZ06
SO the question remains... Did you ever run the car on the bottle with it like that?
2 bottles ran with this install.no problems except for the first time when i ran out of juice.all solonoids were working with all the components.just didnt want to act like i was defending my install.it sucked,but everything worked.im gonna give nitro daves kit a try.the one with the solonoids built into the plate.sold old car.now i got a 2000 with a4.I PROMISE TO POST THE VIDEO OF THIS ONE SO I CAN REDEEM MYSELF.LOL!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

2 bottles ran with this install.no problems except for the first time when i ran out of juice.all solonoids were working with all the components.just didnt want to act like i was defending my install.it sucked,but everything worked.im gonna give nitro daves kit a try.the one with the solonoids built into the plate.sold old car.now i got a 2000 with a4.I PROMISE TO POST THE VIDEO OF THIS ONE SO I CAN REDEEM MYSELF.LOL!
Well you seemed to have learned from your mistakes and you aren't being a dick for all the hate we sent your way. So that's cool with me. You manned up in my book. Good luck with your next install.

P.S. Fill out your profile.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Well you seemed to have learned from your mistakes and you aren't being a dick for all the hate we sent your way. So that's cool with me. You manned up in my book. Good luck with your next install.

P.S. Fill out your profile.

thanks man.im not gonna get anywhere being a dick.some of the harsh remarks actually made me giggle.have you ever seen those old cartoons where the guy makes a device where theres a work boot suspended by some string and pullies and the guy bends over and pulls the string and the boot kicks him in the ***?......thats me.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Launching!

thanks man.im not gonna get anywhere being a dick.some of the harsh remarks actually made me giggle.have you ever seen those old cartoons where the guy makes a device where theres a work boot suspended by some string and pullies and the guy bends over and pulls the string and the boot kicks him in the ***?......thats me.
Big ups to Leeroy!! Some of these haters are not yet old enough to look back on the work the have done and laugh about it. I did my install (my first), but only b/c my step dad has masters in Elec Engineering and was willing to help. There are as many dumb hater posts on this thread, as posts in this forum with owners of pretty installs that need help cause thier crap don't work! Keep spraying with a smile Leeroy. And to the rest of ya...Hate..hate...Hate...hate!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont tell me you didnt laugh when you saw the flame!
It was a good laugh...nice to see your a good sport about it
Old 10-26-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

video is taken down
Old 10-26-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by whytryz28
video is taken down
You could always just watch the one of the guy with no shirt starting a fire...
Old 10-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by whytryz28
video is taken down
when u put it like that,i kinda wish i wouldnt have deleted it.just kinda wantd to put an end to it i guess.sorry.on the real though..where is the best place to install a nozzle?if its a wet nozzle?after the maf of course.nitro dave..wanna chime in here?im doin the plate anyway,but just want to know where the best place to install the shark nozzle?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Launching!

You could always just watch the one of the guy with no shirt starting a fire...
yeah i will show you how to make a fire out of a fire bow.survival of the fittest.amaze your friends.cook meat.sky's the limit with a fire.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you are looking for a place to install the nozzle, look at the bellow that connects the MAF to the TB.

Quick Reply: How NOT, i repeat, NOT to install a nitrous kit!