Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting fuel pressure safety switch without adjustable fuel pressure regulator...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adjusting fuel pressure safety switch without adjustable fuel pressure regulator...

I know pneumatic pressure isn't as accurate because air density is less than fuel density, but is there a way to adust it accurately without buying a regulator and guage, even though I should get one, but its not in the budget right now? Thanks for all the physics info,

Wes
Old 02-03-2004, 04:54 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you need a high or low pressure regulator? You can get a low pressure Holley regulator for 25 bucks. How much is a motor these days (let alone your clutch addiction!)?
Old 02-03-2004, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Oh really. I thought one for the LS1 at 58-60 psi was about $150. I haven't really priced them yet. Thanks for the input! I'll check it out. Thunder, Nitrous Express, and TNT all said pneumatic pressure will be close enough. Thanks,

Wes

BTW, are you from DFW?
Old 02-04-2004, 07:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a 98. You can move your intank regulator to make it external. I did. The FP safety switches can be adjusted, but unless you put them on a liquid pressured guage setup, they won't be acurrate. I just bumped mine up ~1/8 of a turn because it was cutting of on me at the top end. Seemed to fix the problem. After you move the regulator out of the tank, you can bump that up to to compensate for the top end pressure drop.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:24 PM
Teching In

How I adjusted my safety switch, I hooked a small 12v light directly to a positive source and ran the ground through the safety switch. Crank the car and adjusted the switch until the light came on, then went alittle bit more. Good luck w/ it.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:47 AM
Banned

wesley, how's your car runnin? check out dfwls1.com there's a guy looking for a drummer for a local band saying he will pay some DAMN GOOD cash (plenty to buy this part you need)....shoot me an email if you want the guy's info man. hope you get the car figured out.

Quick Reply: Adjusting fuel pressure safety switch without adjustable fuel pressure regulator...