Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hidden Setup on a 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hidden Setup on a 6 speed

Sometime maybe in the spring im going to port my heads and intake and i figured while i had everything off i might add on some nitrous. I was wanting to do a hidden dry kind of a direct port setup with 8 nozzles one for each intake run through the bottom of the intake spraying straight into the runner. Is there enough clearance for the nozzles and the lines to run between the intake and valley cover to the back of the engine? I was curious also on the tuning aspect as to how i can run a tune for the nitrous to retard the timing when im spraying and have my normal tune when im not? Thanks guys
Old 01-19-2011, 09:25 PM
12 Second Club

i guess no one knows?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Regular

I don't know about 8 nozzle if how they can be fit or not, but as what I know that the Nitrous Outlet Money Maker carry wet system

What meets your need is wet system since you are asking about fast tuned setup!.
You can have a hidden wet system + timing controller unit so you have the ability to make sure that your AFR is in the range (N2O & FUEL Jets ) + you can pull the correct amount of timing and be done with it

If want to go dry, make sure you have enough fuel injectors and find a way to let the PCM add fuel at anytime you want.

Last edited by Cold Zero; 01-19-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

This would probably be what you're looking for to help get the A/F and timing correct, while maintaining normal driveability otherwise.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...&cat=57&page=1

-Will
Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

well i was wanting to put some short nozzles that holley sells and have them installed screwed through the bottom of the intake just the threads sticking out soo i can hook up lines to them. I wasnt really looking for a wet system, i dont wanna do a stand alone, but im probably gonna upgrade to a racetronix fuel pump and 42# injectors. Thanks for link to the nitrous controller Will.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Egg1456
well i was wanting to put some short nozzles that holley sells and have them installed screwed through the bottom of the intake just the threads sticking out soo i can hook up lines to them. I wasnt really looking for a wet system, i dont wanna do a stand alone, but im probably gonna upgrade to a racetronix fuel pump and 42# injectors. Thanks for link to the nitrous controller Will.
You dont need a stand alone with a basic wet kit but a 255 pump is pretty much a must to be safe
Old 01-19-2011, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

alright. anyone know about clearance between bottom of intake and valley cover?
Old 01-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Lightbulb

alright. anyone know about clearance between bottom of intake and valley cover?
I think the money maker as mentioned above would be a great choise in your case .... talk to NitroDave from nitrous outlet ... he will help you alot & will discuss your needs breifly ... let us know which way you go
Old 01-20-2011, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

alright ill have to. Its not gonna get any spray til summer tho. Im gonna try and show some people around where i live whats up they like to be gay and say they have a 383 when really its a 427, and they dont believe in fuel injection or computers, generally they just think sbc is better than anything LS.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

you could also try the Halo system, it fits under you lid...
Old 01-20-2011, 10:58 PM
12 Second Club

im not interested in a fogger or anything, wanting to do a direct port
Old 01-22-2011, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was wanting to do a hidden dry kind of a direct port setup
i thought all direct port setups were wet...I am probably mistaken though.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah I think you're right. If you want a dry kit you spray before the MAF so the computer adds more fuel
Old 01-24-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

You don't have enough room to run nozzles under the intake, just call nitrous outlet and get the money maker setup.

Originally Posted by battousai
i thought all direct port setups were wet...I am probably mistaken though.
Originally Posted by bigj2717
Yeah I think you're right. If you want a dry kit you spray before the MAF so the computer adds more fuel
Not all direct ports are wet.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 03supercobra
Not all direct ports are wet.
Good to know. I've never seen one that wasn't
Old 01-24-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bigj2717
Good to know. I've never seen one that wasn't
No worries, alot of the quicker guys (using aftermarket engine management systems) are starting to run dry setups instead of wet.

Just found out lastweek that HSW has a setup where you can run a dry setup on the LS motors without spraying into the MAF. Not certain how good the HSW setup is.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

Im not running a DP, but I run a dry kit and don't have a MAF, Im also on a stock pcm. I wouldn't see a dry fogger system being to hard, but it would prob require a great pump, and very large inj, depending on the shot. I think that money maker kit might be your best option tho
Old 01-26-2011, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A dry directport with the factory PCM is defeats the purpose of a directport if you ask me.he purpose of a directport is to be able to evenly supply a precise amount of nitrous and fuel into each cylinder. With the stock pcm there is no way to adjust fuel delivery to each injector like there is with a after market system like the Fast.

You could do a band aid fix by playing with the nitrous pill in that cylinder but now you have taken away the even spread of power to each cylinder.

With the factory PCM a wet directport is the best way to go. Actually I prefer wet period with a factory PCM.

To the OP. There is no room for nozzles like you are discussing. Your best bet if you really want a hidden system is to send us your intake and have The Money Maker plumbed into it.

Dave
Old 01-29-2011, 02:08 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
A dry directport with the factory PCM is defeats the purpose of a directport if you ask me.he purpose of a directport is to be able to evenly supply a precise amount of nitrous and fuel into each cylinder. With the stock pcm there is no way to adjust fuel delivery to each injector like there is with a after market system like the Fast.

You could do a band aid fix by playing with the nitrous pill in that cylinder but now you have taken away the even spread of power to each cylinder.

With the factory PCM a wet directport is the best way to go. Actually I prefer wet period with a factory PCM.

To the OP. There is no room for nozzles like you are discussing. Your best bet if you really want a hidden system is to send us your intake and have The Money Maker plumbed into it.

Dave
Ya you get the idea i have, just wanted to each cylinder to get its own shot of nitrous, i wasnt really concerned about the fuel for each cylinder just wanted to spread it out evenly. Yea i was interested in your money maker just wondering how its all set up soo i kinda know what im getting, and since we dont wanna spill your secret its kinda hard to know anything about it.