Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will 109 octane allowme to keep my timing

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will 109 octane allowme to keep my timing

im still figuring out LS cars cause I came from a modern hemi car so heres a possibly dumb question.

can i spray a 75 shot on my tune that has 28 degrees of timing advanced, plugs gapped at .40 and 2-3 gallons of Sunoco 109?

i have 0 knock on this tune

im asking cause i sprayed consistently 125 in my hemi with timing at 24, monitored A/F and had 0 knock using 109 octane
Old 03-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

With nitrous, dont try and run what you CAN, run what you SHOULD.

What plugs are in the motor? I would probably tighten the gap up regardless.

Mixing gas I feel , at best, is a safety net. Here is what I mean exactly:

You can get the timing where you feel on the 93 octane, and at that point, add the higher octane gas to the tank when you spray just to add some safety factor. I would not put the car on the edge trusting a mixed tank. Like many things some people will and they will get away with it but its like I said about, I feel that it is asking for problems when there is little need or gain.

If the car made MAX NA power on 28 degrees I would simply pull timing no matter what. If it however had some room left as far as how aggressive it was NA, then you can make a pass (1/8th Mile preferred) and check the plugs. Just take your time and dont hurt a motor simply because it wasn't worth your time to do everything correct and safe.

Graham @ NX

Quick Reply: Will 109 octane allowme to keep my timing