Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 bottles...pressure drop?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 2 bottles...pressure drop?

i have a nano now but its just a lot of hassle getting it filled 30 min in the opposite direction from anything i do and only being able to do it saturdays when im working. so i was thinking just going to two bottles. either 10 or 15lbs. it will also help me get more then 3 runs out of a bottle. (250 shot) i was curious what kind of pressure drop you guys are getting using two bottles. if i can keep it minimal and get more runs i think it might be the way to go for me. i like the nano and the power gains i got but its just too much hassle and not enough runs.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will buy your nano
Old 04-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Rather than add weight to the car with a multiple bottle setup, Why not just swap to a fresh bottle? You could buy two extra bottles and have 9 runs worth and by dropping the NANO lose some weight from the car.

Do you spray the car on the street at all? Do you trailer your car to the track?

Graham @ N20
Old 04-02-2011, 04:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea go with getting extra bottle's rather then running two bottle's,Get a 15lb bottle should get you anthoner two passes over the 10lber.what is your nitrious setup is it a plate, fogger?
Old 04-02-2011, 06:38 PM
9 Second Club

I run 2 bottles bottle pressure only drops 40 psi per run 200 shot
Old 04-02-2011, 07:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by graham@nitrousoutlet
Rather than add weight to the car with a multiple bottle setup, Why not just swap to a fresh bottle? You could buy two extra bottles and have 9 runs worth and by dropping the NANO lose some weight from the car.

Do you spray the car on the street at all? Do you trailer your car to the track?

Graham @ N20
the car is 95% street. i go to the track a couple times a year. and yes i do trailer it when i go. weight isnt a major concern for me since its over 3700lbs without me in it already. another 25lbs isnt going to tip me over the edge. i am going to be pulling the subwoofer out anyways which will pretty much offset that. if it ws just a track car id swap bottles but thats kinda hard to do on the street.

Originally Posted by INTENESS
Yea go with getting extra bottle's rather then running two bottle's,Get a 15lb bottle should get you anthoner two passes over the 10lber.what is your nitrious setup is it a plate, fogger?
i have the nitrous outlet 90mm plate. jetted for a 250 currently.

Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
I run 2 bottles bottle pressure only drops 40 psi per run 200 shot
what psi do you start with?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:10 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
the car is 95% street. i go to the track a couple times a year. and yes i do trailer it when i go. weight isnt a major concern for me since its over 3700lbs without me in it already. another 25lbs isnt going to tip me over the edge. i am going to be pulling the subwoofer out anyways which will pretty much offset that. if it ws just a track car id swap bottles but thats kinda hard to do on the street.

i have the nitrous outlet 90mm plate. jetted for a 250 currently.

what psi do you start with?
Can you send me over your zip again, so i can look for some places in your area. Did you have a 3000psi system or 4500psi system?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:10 PM
9 Second Club

i have the 4500 psi kit. all the local places do 3000 except xtreme rage and they are only open the weekends.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

If they cant get you lined out with a better option for filling, the deck lid bracket and dual 10# bottles should do the trick. You will still want heaters however.

Your adding a decent amount of product. If you want an idea of what your looking at, PM your email. I can send you a quote on what all you would need to do a heated dual bottle setup.

I like the NANO for a street car tho. Especially for the size shot your running.

Would two 10# bottles, each with a NANO system last you long enough to make it worth it? One NANO system is about what the heaters would cost you. That would be a lot of usage before needing refill.

You have a few options.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by graham@nitrousoutlet
If they cant get you lined out with a better option for filling, the deck lid bracket and dual 10# bottles should do the trick. You will still want heaters however.

Your adding a decent amount of product. If you want an idea of what your looking at, PM your email. I can send you a quote on what all you would need to do a heated dual bottle setup.

I like the NANO for a street car tho. Especially for the size shot your running.

Would two 10# bottles, each with a NANO system last you long enough to make it worth it? One NANO system is about what the heaters would cost you. That would be a lot of usage before needing refill.

You have a few options.
well really it wont cost me much to convert it over since i will only need one heater and the bracket. i have standard brackets but i like the aluminum ones. i already have two bottles and one heater. and selling the nano/ aeropsace bracket i have would cover that cost. mainly i need more usage. and the issues with filling the nano localy are whats leaning me this direction.

i know i will give up a little power but if i can keep the pressures up it will still be plenty fast.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:17 AM
FormerVendor

well really it wont cost me much to convert it over since i will only need one heater and the bracket. i have standard brackets but i like the aluminum ones. i already have two bottles and one heater. and selling the nano/ aeropsace bracket i have would cover that cost. mainly i need more usage. and the issues with filling the nano localy are whats leaning me this direction.

i know i will give up a little power but if i can keep the pressures up it will still be plenty fast.
I have a list of places i will be calling this morning. I will let you know today what i find.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

i like the nano and the power gains i got but its just too much hassle and not enough runs.
hey this is kinda off subject but what kinda gains did you get from the nano in the 1/4? mph and et. i know the bigger the shot the more the gain from it, im planning on running a 175 shot total (in 2 stages) so i will probably see just a tad less gain than you with the 250 shot.

thanks
dicky
Old 04-06-2011, 02:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dicky98z
hey this is kinda off subject but what kinda gains did you get from the nano in the 1/4? mph and et. i know the bigger the shot the more the gain from it, im planning on running a 175 shot total (in 2 stages) so i will probably see just a tad less gain than you with the 250 shot.

thanks
dicky
http://www.nanonitrous.com/jefferypelc.shtml

This is another fellow member of the boards.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LS2 bait,
If Brad can not help you find someone closer to fill, Talk to him about filling your own bottle. Brad can set you up with what you need to gravity feed.

I had a customer fly me to Florida to tune his car last month. He was gravity feeding his own bottle at the track. It can not fill the nano bottle all the way but it was getting the job done.

To answer the question on dual bottles. The dual bottles will take care of the pressure drop for the most part. Its not as rock solid across the curve like the nano though. And the nano does increase flow across the jet compared to no nano so your tune up will change. You will also loose the luxery of instant bottle pressure on demand.

We run dual bottles in our race cars. But we have a hotbox to soak the bottles in embetween runs. Then we have heaters in the car incase we get stuck in the staging lanes. We run our pressure at 950 psi so the pressure drop will not be as bad. We MIGHT see a drop of about 50 to 75psi on a 400 shot.

Dave

Quick Reply: 2 bottles...pressure drop?