Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anybody spraying meth along with their nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

My question/comment is this. There is only so much room for air/fuel molecules in the intake
Once you spray so much of anything, it displaces the amount of oxygen in the intake.

does that make any sense at all?
Old 02-07-2019, 03:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
My question/comment is this. There is only so much room for air/fuel molecules in the intake
Once you spray so much of anything, it displaces the amount of oxygen in the intake.

does that make any sense at all?
Well said. There are better fuels out there, with higher octane ratings, that you can be using as well. The nitrous is already cold and C16 has a higher octane rating than M1. For the most part, the nitrous, water/meth thing, was a ploy by companies to sell you more stuff.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Me personally, I would run a stand a lone fuel system before I would run dope/meth.

I'm sure it depends on the engine combo, but the engine is only going to flow so much. It's just physics.

For an extreme example, try to run a 300 shot on a stock 305 SBC. Let's say that the bottom end is built for it. but you can shove only so much through the intake before bad **** starts to happen.

On the other side of that, take a 600+ BBC pro mod, where we are throwing 3 stages on it that make more power than N/A...it will take it because the flow and setup is right.

Last edited by LilJayV10; 02-07-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Is anybody spraying meth along with their nitrous?