Sponsored by:

Another ring gap question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another ring gap question.

As stated, another ring gap question.

Motor Build: 383 stroker, Callies Crank , Manley Rods, JE Pistons.

Fuel: Racetronix 255L Pump, KB BAP, SVO 42# injectors.

top ring is 0.022

end ring is 0.028

oil ring is 3mm

Are these gaps good enough for a 200 wet shot (Nitro Dave's 90mm Plate)???

Last edited by SS1875; 06-23-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SS1875
As stated, another ring gap question.

Motor Build: 383 stroker, Callies Crank , Manley Rods, JE Pistons.

Fuel: Racetronix 255L Pump, KB BAP, SVO 42# injectors.

top ring is 0.022

end ring is 0.028

oil ring is 3mm

Are these gaps good enough for a 200 wet shot (Nitro Dave's 90mm Plate)???
I have similar 383 as yours and wanting to do a 200 shot and what I have gathered from the last few days is there are people spraying 200 plus on stock ls1s and me and you both have a strong bottom end so there shouldn't be any reason why we can't spray a 200 or more but the key is to have enough fuel and the appropriate amount of timing taken out and there isn't a set number on that either. After a 125 or so shot you really need to learn how to read plugs If you already don't to achieve that perfect timing mark....... Help me out Graham am I on the right track or should this fella discard everything I have said????
Old 06-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Spot on!

200hp is pretty easy with a built bottom end.

The big key like me and 99slobird have talked about, its just taking your time on the tuning and stay conservative on the timing. You are not trying to squeeze every HP out of the combination and set some record. You want it to run well and safe.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions. This includes tuning. I would much rather have you call me and spend some time going over your combination then have you hurt a part.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:53 PM
11 Second Club

I appreciate the info, will probably have Frost do the tune as he did my NA computer. Nitrous tune will be on my spare PCM. If anything arises I will give you a call Graham.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99slobird
I have similar 383 as yours and wanting to do a 200 shot and what I have gathered from the last few days is there are people spraying 200 plus on stock ls1s and me and you both have a strong bottom end so there shouldn't be any reason why we can't spray a 200 or more but the key is to have enough fuel and the appropriate amount of timing taken out and there isn't a set number on that either. After a 125 or so shot you really need to learn how to read plugs If you already don't to achieve that perfect timing mark....... Help me out Graham am I on the right track or should this fella discard everything I have said????

Frost will probably be doing the tuning for the Nitrous so proper timing shouldn't be an issue. As far as fueling I plan to run a higher octane fuel when spraying just as a procaution. Should have plenty of pump with the Racetronix and BAP combo.....I would hope.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Frost will probably be doing the tuning for the Nitrous so proper timing shouldn't be an issue. As far as fueling I plan to run a higher octane fuel when spraying just as a procaution. Should have plenty of pump with the Racetronix and BAP combo.....I would hope.
Why dont you give me a basic layout of your setup. Nitrous and fuel wise. I can go over it and give you second pair of eye's if you would like.

What does the car make on motor?
Old 06-25-2011, 03:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Graham@NitrousOutlet
Why dont you give me a basic layout of your setup. Nitrous and fuel wise. I can go over it and give you second pair of eye's if you would like.

What does the car make on motor?

Fuel: Racetronix 255L with P&P Harness added a KB BAP, 42# SVO injectors, stock lines and rails. Pump gas but would add race gas when using the Nitrous.... wan't to do a 200 shot via your 90mm plate system.

383 stroker as stated before, Callies Crank, Manley Rods, JE Pistons CR 10.92-1.

Car is currently 470hp/440tq NA.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

Bump for Graham @ Nitro Dave's to respond.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Fuel: Racetronix 255L with P&P Harness added a KB BAP, 42# SVO injectors, stock lines and rails. Pump gas but would add race gas when using the Nitrous.... wan't to do a 200 shot via your 90mm plate system.

383 stroker as stated before, Callies Crank, Manley Rods, JE Pistons CR 10.92-1.

Car is currently 470hp/440tq NA.
If you are putting down that much NA and wanting to go to 200+ then you need to look into a standalone fuel setup on that much power. The pump might handle it but you will be better off with the standalone than mixing in the tank. Also you will have a fuel regulator to make adjustments on as well making the tuning process easier.

Bump for Graham @ Nitro Dave's to respond.
Don't even give me till monday?
Old 06-27-2011, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Graham@NitrousOutlet
If you are putting down that much NA and wanting to go to 200+ then you need to look into a standalone fuel setup on that much power. The pump might handle it but you will be better off with the standalone than mixing in the tank. Also you will have a fuel regulator to make adjustments on as well making the tuning process easier.

Don't even give me till monday?

Looks like I will have to back off and stay with a smaller shot until I can afford to do a stand alone setup.

Nope gotta know now.. now.. now..

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Looks like I will have to back off and stay with a smaller shot until I can afford to do a stand alone setup.

Nope gotta know now.. now.. now..

Thanks for the info.
Not a problem man. Let me know if you need anything else.