Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spraying For the First Time 2morro!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 07:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham@NitrousOutlet
Fueling changes on a wet system are done via jetting or pressure. The only tuning adjustment for a wet system done through pcm tuning is going to be timing. A few car's will lower or raise shift points and a few things to really dial in the car but primarily timing.

Now the dyno, is nice for a few things in the tuning process. But thats another topic.

The Harris interface is an option. I personally do not like using the interface, but lots of guys have great success with it. As always, more than one opinion and more than one are right.

I tend to K.I.S.S and conservative. But again, that's opinion.
He could at least do the "Resistor Mod" and pull some timing and it will cost him less than $10. I can't remember what the default value in the IAT Adder table is for these cars. It's at least 3 degrees.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

On a completely stock tune he has what 24* of timing? Timing on a tuned bolt on car is anywhere from 27-31. He will be fine timing wise.

I do recommend the correct plugs and doing a short hit on the first pass. reads the plugs and run with it.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Thanks to the OP. I was gonna do a cam swap. Thread up in gen3 internals now. But nitrous I see is in my future.

I can't decide between a Harris or n2o outlet plate kit. I plan on hitting a 150 asap! LOL. And really don't see any differences?

Here's my mods. - thread jacking in place! Were all friends right?! Haha

99 Z/28
!air, !Egr
LT's, true duals, NO cats
Circle D 4C converter
UMI- LCA's, panhard rod, sfc's, torq arm w/ DS safety loop.
No front or rear sway bar
Wide& Skinnys w/ ET streets
Soon to have 3.73's w/ TA girdle
Ls6 intake
Free mods
Built 4l60e
Frost mail tune
Oh.. And a 255lph fuel pump.

I just read a thread that says the ligenfelter timing retarder isn't out yet

But I plan on hitting a 100shot on the tune I got now. I don't see why everyone is scared? Isn't like I got a 2v 4.6 in my car haha.

I do agree the BR7's are the way to go tho and that's what I'll be using.

Good luck OP see ya soon.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Well everybody.. Car was sprayed today... a few times.. Comes on nice and smooth pulls good as well

Car took it like a champ.. no sputters, no Smoke everything is A ok..

There was a small issue with the window switch which is gettn resolved tomorrow

After spraying the car (this is not my first N20 car btw) i dont see how a 75 or even 100 could possibly hurt one of these cars.. unless it leaned way way out..

Well i keep you guys updated

also where would you guys suggest the window switch shut off.. its currently set at 5500.. would 5800 or 5900 be ok?? considering the rev limiter is at 6200