Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need microedge harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
man i really like that holley launcher
Launchers are a very cool progressive. I love those things. have you got a chance to look at the digital screen option?
Old 07-28-2011, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ no i have not, can i get a pricing and stuff on it? im really really interested, cant believe i never saw that before.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Did you factor in a bigger fuel pump and really big injectors in order to run a dry setup? You are braver than me, there is no way I would rely on the interface and a stock maf to control my fuel on a direct port. You can add fuel for a dry with efi live and a stock pcm.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by minytrker
Did you factor in a bigger fuel pump and really big injectors in order to run a dry setup? You are braver than me, there is no way I would rely on the interface and a stock maf to control my fuel on a direct port. You can add fuel for a dry with efi live and a stock pcm.
Yes I did. I've already acquired the injectors and pump.

I don't understand why you say its brave. You guys with fuel solenoids probably carry about as much risk since there is still the potential for solenoid failure.

I'm interested in this efi live setup you mentioned. How does it work?

I've got to say I'm not a fan of the price of the optional touchscreen monitor. For the price of the monitor your could install a carputer, which can also be used for an entertainment system or to run hptuners or efi live.

More on the launcher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2TJmI8jdPk

Last edited by RedVertTA; 07-28-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

There is nothing wrong with running a dry kit, I just wouldnt run one the way you are wanting to. IMO a fuel pressure shut down switch and a fuel solenoid is way less risk than running an interface and using a 10 year old maf to add fuel.

Run a custom operating system from efi live, it adds fuel and timing tables for nitrous to the tune. When you ground the trigger wire on the stock pcm it can pull what ever timing you have in those tables. It can also add fuel with the injectors if set up to do so. No extra boxes or maf to worry about going out.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pluss one for what minitrucker is telling you.

Personally I think you are wasting your time runing a dry directport with the factory pcm. But if I were to do it that way I would do it like minitrucker is saying.

I know you are going to ask why I say this. Here is why.

The advantage and reason for going to a directport is the ability of individual cylinder tuning and equal distribution.

With a wet system you can swap out the fuel jet to fine tune each cylinder in the event you have a cylinder that needs more or less fuel.

With a dry directport using a factory pcm you can not do anything to adjust that cylinder other than take away or add nitrous jet. Now you have un equal distribution.

Now I do like the idea of a dry directport using an after market computer system because then you can adjust individual injector flow, individual cylinder timing etc.

Just my 2 cents.