Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need microedge harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default need microedge harness

I have been trying to get ahold of hsw about the microedge wiring harness I need. Well they don't pick up, does anyone know if I can order that?
Old 07-22-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can probably order that, I'm actually waiting on an interface harness now, its on backorder. Email them, don't even try to call them on the phone, they never pick up, EVER.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

no kidding, its terrible how many times ive tried calling them and have yet to get someone to pickup
Old 07-23-2011, 02:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You won't get anyone to pick up. On one of my days off I called every hour from about 10:00 am to 6:00 (yes you read that right) and never got an answer. Awful customer service, they need to be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited by RedVertTA; 07-26-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with it!

Last edited by Cape T/A; 07-24-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Shoot them an email, here is the part number for the harness itself but it is not listed on the website.

HSW-ELEC-RPMWDO-H and it's $24.99

I am going to order one soon as well. Hope this helps. I sent an email with the request and got a response in a day or two.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

i sent a email and never got one
Old 07-26-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

i went ahead and just bought another microedge from a member because i dont have time to deal with HSW's ****. I love the microedge and love my hsw plate. i think im done with them, if they dont want my money, im sure someone else does.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Just give me a shout in the future if you need something. Obviously I can not help the microedge situation but I can possible help in the future.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd get rid of that microedge too. I've seen many people have issues with it. I can tell you this, I'll never buy anything from harris again! I sold off my harris stuff and replaced it with Nitrous Outlet parts and couldn't be happier.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BarneyMobile
I'd get rid of that microedge too. I've seen many people have issues with it. I can tell you this, I'll never buy anything from harris again! I sold off my harris stuff and replaced it with Nitrous Outlet parts and couldn't be happier.
None of the other brands has an equivalent to the interface. If they did I'd have switched.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by RedVertTA
None of the other brands has an equivalent to the interface. If they did I'd have switched.
What all are you doing with the microedge?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

graham, you seem to be helpful for a lot of people, i will be sure to give you all business. i agree with redvert theres not anything else i have seen that has had all in one controller like microedge. as for lean shutdown,wot switch,window switch,nitrous delay, and progressive which on my setup, i dont use progressive. if there was something else like that from another rep, i would do away with HSW.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
graham, you seem to be helpful for a lot of people, i will be sure to give you all business. i agree with redvert theres not anything else i have seen that has had all in one controller like microedge. as for lean shutdown,wot switch,window switch,nitrous delay, and progressive which on my setup, i dont use progressive. if there was something else like that from another rep, i would do away with HSW.
All of those are included in essentially all progressive's, save the lean cutoff. While I do agree the lean cutoff is nice feature as just one more fail safe, A FPSS and decent tuning will more than cover you.

Thanks for the props. I like doing a lot of tech. Sale's call bore me to death.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Graham@NitrousOutlet
What all are you doing with the microedge?
I'm working towards spraying a dry direct port. Their maf interface makes the injectors add fuel so I don't have to run separate solenoids. I also intend to eventually run alcohol with a fuel composition sensor in the return line. I'd like to be able to do this without an independent fuel system. If you guys offered something that could do this and match the other functions of the interface I would have been interested.

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
I'm sorry you misunderstood, I was talking about the interface, not the microedge, different product. There are in fact products out there that do everything the microedge does and more. The Trick performance gauge (discontinued), the NX octane gauge and controller combo and the holley launcher are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. Personally I'd take the holley launcher launcher over the interface any day.

MAP based ramping and 12 step progressive FTW.

http://www.holley.com/15977NOS.asp

More detailed info:

http://www.holley.com/data/Products/.../199R10466.pdf

Imagine having this badass display on your carputer:

Last edited by RedVertTA; 07-28-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

I'm working towards spraying a dry direct port. Their maf interface makes the injectors add fuel so I don't have to run separate solenoids. I also intend to eventually run alcohol with a fuel composition sensor in the return line. I'd like to be able to do this without an independent fuel system. If you guys offered something that could do this and match the other functions of the interface I would have been interested.
What would make you want to go that route?
Old 07-28-2011, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What would make you want to go that route?
Not sure I understand your question. Why spray dry? Because I only need half the parts, that makes the system more affordable (yes I factored in the cost of the interface), gives my engine bay a cleaner look and provides less work for me down the road (won't have to change fuel jets, just flip a switch on the interface so the injectors add more fuel).

What does this have to do with e85? In a flexfuel setup where the ratio of alcohol and gas is constantly changing, the engine can adapt different air/fuel rations with fuel composition sensor. The same cannot be said for fuel jets, they remain the same and cannot adjust to change air/fuel ratio. I shouldn't have to explain that this is bad. At this point the only options I see to make this work are to either install an independent fuel system or to install the interface. The interface is the cleaner, less work involved and less costly of the two.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Not sure I understand your question. Why spray dry? Because I only need half the parts, that makes the system more affordable (yes I factored in the cost of the interface), gives my engine bay a cleaner look and provides less work for me down the road (won't have to change fuel jets, just flip a switch on the interface so the injectors add more fuel).

What does this have to do with e85? In a flexfuel setup where the ratio of alcohol and gas is constantly changing, the engine can adapt different air/fuel rations with fuel composition sensor. The same cannot be said for fuel jets, they remain the same and cannot adjust to change air/fuel ratio. I shouldn't have to explain that this is bad. At this point the only options I see to make this work are to either install an independent fuel system or to install the interface. The interface is the cleaner, less work involved and less costly of the two.
I am aware of how it works. I was looking for your reasoning to taking the road less traveled.

Have you ever ran a direct port before? Tuned a nitrous car on e85?

What does your car make on motor?

Again just curious, always interested in other peoples opinions.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am aware of how it works. I was looking for your reasoning to taking the road less traveled.

Have you ever ran a direct port before? Tuned a nitrous car on e85?

What does your car make on motor?

Again just curious, always interested in other peoples opinions.
Not yet. There is a first time for everything isn't there.

Like I said I'm still working towards it. It will be a long time before I'm able to make this happen (Assuming this silly dream actually comes to fruition). I have a lot of work ahead and there are lots of parts I have yet to acquire. The end goal is around 450 motor, with about a 200 shot and room to grow. Yes this is all extremely unconventional, I know, I could probably achieve this with a simple wet or plate kit like everyone else. I just like the idea of added safety with the direct port. I also have yet to see someone with a system like this, isn't part of the spirit of hot rodding to be different?

BTW sorry everyone for jacking the thread.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

man i really like that holley launcher