Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NGK 11's part number

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default NGK 11's part number

Can someone hook me up with the right part number for the NGK 11's? It seems there are a few different ones, and I'm planning on ordering a bunch so I want to make sure I get the right ones (LS1). Thanks.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know the part number but when are you going to put that car into the 8s?

Sorry, off topic
Old 08-02-2011, 07:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Carter01
I don't know the part number but when are you going to put that car into the 8s?

Sorry, off topic
lol...hopefully in a few months. For now I'm just itching to get it back to the track. We just moved from NC to north Texas. Last time I had it out it went 5.88 in the 1/8th with a 1.34 60', but that was a couple of months ago. I'm taking it back out Friday....but I'll be playing on 1/8th mile tracks for the next few months trying to get the 60' down in the 1.2x's.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:58 PM
9 Second Club

are you running a progressive?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:17 PM
10 Second Club

are you running a progressive?
Yeah. Coming out with 29% of the 250 shot right now.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SS:ZEUS
Yeah. Coming out with 29% of the 250 shot right now.
Scratch the progressor, control the launch with timing and it will go 1.2s. You have all the good parts, you just need more power out the hole. Just my .02
Old 08-03-2011, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

Scratch the progressor, control the launch with timing and it will go 1.2s. You have all the good parts, you just need more power out the hole. Just my .02
I like that idea(pulling timing for the launch). That's we do on our race cars with the msd 7531. Is that what you do? Stock ecm? I have a couple ideas how to do it with the stock stuff just wondered if anyone else has done it.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by Phantom
I like that idea(pulling timing for the launch). That's we do on our race cars with the msd 7531. Is that what you do? Stock ecm? I have a couple ideas how to do it with the stock stuff just wondered if anyone else has done it.
On a stock PCM, you can pull timing at WOT up to the shift extension and it will only effect first gear. Pretty simple if you have tuning software on hand.

I do like this method as well. It can just be a handful on a street car or for a greenhorn when it comes to nitrous and tuning.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:52 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Graham@NitrousOutlet
On a stock PCM, you can pull timing at WOT up to the shift extension and it will only effect first gear. Pretty simple if you have tuning software on hand.

I do like this method as well. It can just be a handful on a street car or for a greenhorn when it comes to nitrous and tuning.
we do the same thing on the small tire, but when our converter flashes to 5200-5400 and the extension is about 6000 it doesnt work very well unfortunately. Aftermarket pcms and msd boxes make it a ton easier
Old 08-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by camscam02
we do the same thing on the small tire, but when our converter flashes to 5200-5400 and the extension is about 6000 it doesnt work very well unfortunately. Aftermarket pcms and msd boxes make it a ton easier
I agree they make it easier.

When you pull timing in that RPM range do you not see a decent reduction in flash rpm?
Old 08-03-2011, 04:28 PM
FormerVendor

Ken, R5671A-11 or stock #6596 are the numbers you should need. Hope this helps. How is Texas treating you?
Old 08-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Can someone hook me up with the right part number for the NGK 11's? It seems there are a few different ones, and I'm planning on ordering a bunch so I want to make sure I get the right ones (LS1). Thanks.
I am actually from WF. How long you been there?

Originally Posted by Martin@RPM-Motorsports
Ken, R5671A-11 or stock #6596 are the numbers you should need. Hope this helps. How is Texas treating you?
I got off topic. Thanks for posting up the info.

I know he is warm enough thats for sure.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am looking at a R5671-9 in my hand right now which is in the same family as the plug # you posted Martin and that plug is a gasket seal type plug and not a tapered seat like all LS heads. So I don't know what head the OP is running but I just thought I would throw that out there
Old 08-03-2011, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

That's the one I need Martin, thanks. Texas is great....a little warm, but we love it out here. I've gotten to meet a lot of the locals here that are regulars at the track. A lot of nice people out here. I got to hang out with the guys at NX....great bunch of guys...and they're about 4 miles from my house. I also met the guys out at KPE today. It looks like they'll be the guys that'll be helping me out on the car when I need it while I'm here. They do a lot of Pro Mod stuff but there are a couple of F-body's in the shop and on top of being a cool bunch of guys they really seemed to know what they were talking about.

Other than that, just getting the car ready for the track Saturday so we can see if these DR's will stick out here.

Only about a month. We just closed on a house here. I'm in the Air Force, and we have gotten stationed here at Sheppard AFB for at least the next 4 years.

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I am looking at a R5671-9 in my hand right now which is in the same family as the plug # you posted Martin and that plug is a gasket seal type plug and not a tapered seat like all LS heads. So I don't know what head the OP is running but I just thought I would throw that out there
Martin got it right....they built the car. lol I'm running AFR's.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:59 PM
9 Second Club

I agree they make it easier.

When you pull timing in that RPM range do you not see a decent reduction in flash rpm?
not too much. 200 rpm or so. Maybe more if we pulled 10-15 degrees. Something I may play with this weekend. Just depends.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:14 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by camscam02
not too much. 200 rpm or so. Maybe more if we pulled 10-15 degrees. Something I may play with this weekend. Just depends.
we will pull 10-12 on the launch and ramp it back in as fast as the track can take it.
Hopefully this year the converter is tight enough that we dont have to pull that much. IMO, if you have to pull that much then your leaving something on the table and need to try some things to get that power in sooner.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by ATVracr
we will pull 10-12 on the launch and ramp it back in as fast as the track can take it.
Hopefully this year the converter is tight enough that we dont have to pull that much. IMO, if you have to pull that much then your leaving something on the table and need to try some things to get that power in sooner.
How fast is somewhat normal for you guys? As far as having it all in.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

I also met the guys out at KPE today. It looks like they'll be the guys that'll be helping me out on the car when I need it while I'm here. They do a lot of Pro Mod stuff but there are a couple of F-body's in the shop and on top of being a cool bunch of guys they really seemed to know what they were talking about.

Only about a month. We just closed on a house here. I'm in the Air Force, and we have gotten stationed here at Sheppard AFB for at least the next 4 years.

Tommy and company out there are great. They have done a handful of things for me in the past. Also they help build a few outlaw cars that we see run at OTS.

Well congrats on the house as well. WF actually has a decent seen for the size town it is. Try the Sonic on Kemp Friday and Saturday. Always vettes and fbodys up there.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:02 AM
9 Second Club

How fast is somewhat normal for you guys? As far as having it all in.
Bad track - 1.0
Norm - .7
Great track - .4
Old 08-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Bad track - 1.0
Norm - .7
Great track - .4
What difference on your car are you guys seeing in the 60/330 between the 1.0 vs .4?

Just curious.