Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nozzle placement, Dynotune or NX kit (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 12:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nozzle placement, Dynotune or NX kit (pics)

Hello all!

I'm planning on installing a nitrous kit on a v8, 4.4L, (98' bmw 540i.) I have it narrowed down to either the Dynotune v8 efi wet kit or the NX efi wet kit.

Where would the best place be, on this particular intake, to place the nozzle?

After the maf there is a flexible, corrugated piece of tubing. If placed there it seems it would compromise the seal of the nozzle.

Just beyond the corrugated piece, just to the right of the red oil dipstick, there is a flat area just before the bend into the throttle body, but it is only about 1.5" from the TB blade. Would that be too close?

The Dynotune kit recommends 6" to 12" from the throttle body, but the NX kit recommends 2" to 6" from the TB.

Thank you all for the help. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails Nozzle placement, Dynotune or NX kit (pics)-005.jpg   Nozzle placement, Dynotune or NX kit (pics)-006.jpg  
Old 08-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

poke it in the outside bend and try your best to make sure where the spray comes out of the nozzle directly faces the throttle body you want as straight of a shot as possible
Old 08-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

I would probably place it opposite of the MAF slightly in front of it. Have you asked those company's where they thought it should go?

If you would like a little more customer service and some insight into your particular setup let me know sir.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Thank you, Graham, I'll check out the site.

I haven't made the inquiry to the two vendors yet.

In doing google searches on the subject of nitrous, this forum comes up quite a bit.

It seems to be a busy and knowledgeable forum in regard for street and race nitrous setups, so I thought this may be a good place to start.

cheers
Old 08-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Thank you, Canbarelygo.

Anyone else like to chime in? How about the Dynotune vendor?

Cheers!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you just wanna make sure the airflow is straight and the flow of the spray is straight because accordian style pieces like that cause turbulance which makes the nitrous/fuel flow unstable and could cause puddling which could have nasty consequences such as the good ole intake manifold explosion which could severely hurt the motor not to mention tearing misc engine bay components up as well as your hood. honestly if i were you if you can without effecting the car id get rid of that accordian stuff for some straight pipe just to eliminate that from the list of possibilities.

just double check your positioning you dont want your fuel and nitrous getting shot into the wall of you intake piping or something stupid you want straight into the middle of the throttle body
Old 08-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by luvdriven540i
Thank you, Graham, I'll check out the site.

I haven't made the inquiry to the two vendors yet.

In doing google searches on the subject of nitrous, this forum comes up quite a bit.

It seems to be a busy and knowledgeable forum in regard for street and race nitrous setups, so I thought this may be a good place to start.

cheers
This forum does have a lot of good information. Lots of guys doing great things with nitrous on this platform.

What all mods do you have to your vehicle?

Would you be open to replacing some of the intake piping?