Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single plane with spray bars? Who has it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboAv
The one I have in my Super Vic is designed to flow up to a 300hp shot. I'm still not done wiring it up, so I don't know how it will do on my car.

Dave or Graham,

Can I use the spraybar as a dry shot and just not use the fuel bar?
Yes sir,
Just cap off the fuel side.
Dave
Old 09-15-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Yes sir,
Just cap off the fuel side.
Dave
Thanks. What's your preferred method of adding fuel with a stock E40 pcm?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TurboAv
Thanks. What's your preferred method of adding fuel with a stock E40 pcm?
With a fuel solenoid. I am not a fan of using a dry system with a stock pcm.

Dave
Old 09-23-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the idea of the "better distribution" but what about these puddle's it makes, wouldn't it flow better if it didn't create these puddles?
I dont know, For instance make the nitrous shoot in more towards the runners and an angle so it wouldn't create those puddles and flow/distribute better

Last edited by $O$OE; 09-23-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by $O$OE
I like the idea of the "better distribution" but what about these puddle's it makes, wouldn't it flow better if it didn't create these puddles?
I dont know, For instance make the nitrous shoot in more towards the runners and an angle so it wouldn't create those puddles and flow/distribute better
I was thinking the same thing,GOOD POINT....but since the engine pulls in air/fuel maybe puddles might not be to bad,maybe..If they were at an angle I personaly think that would be better.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:27 AM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

It doesnt look like puddles to me, looks like cold spots from the nitrous hitting the intake. When a motor is running the nitrous would be getting sucked in, there its just getting spraying with nothing sucking it down.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by minytrker
It doesnt look like puddles to me, looks like cold spots from the nitrous hitting the intake. When a motor is running the nitrous would be getting sucked in, there its just getting spraying with nothing sucking it down.
+1 well said
Old 11-12-2011, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

can you use it with meth?
Old 11-12-2011, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

I really like this setup! I want to run one sooo bad!!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_Phantom
can you use it with meth?
Yes you can
Old 11-15-2011, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Our Drag Radial car went 1.21 60 ft, 5.40 in the 8th and 8.65 in the quarter on a set of spray bars this weekend. I would say they work pretty damn good.

Dave
Old 11-15-2011, 09:04 PM
9 Second Club

Our Drag Radial car went 1.21 60 ft, 5.40 in the 8th and 8.65 in the quarter on a set of spray bars this weekend. I would say they work pretty damn good.

Dave
SLOW!!!!

But I will be ordering these from dave real soon, don't tell anyone
Old 11-21-2011, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hell yeah! Was going to send mine in a couple weeks ago but the completion date was 3-4 weeks. I'll be sending my intake as soon as its too cold to drive the car
Old 01-31-2012, 08:49 PM
Launching!

I like this setup but just in case you were looking for something not to obstruct flow a couple companies make perimeter plates. I have a ZEX perimeter plate. Not sure if Nitrous OUtlet makes one but if they did I guarentee it's just as good. Has the same effect and effectiveness and you cool down the plate which cools the air coming in too. on a single plain setup I love both setups.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by slippi84
I like this setup but just in case you were looking for something not to obstruct flow a couple companies make perimeter plates. I have a ZEX perimeter plate. Not sure if Nitrous OUtlet makes one but if they did I guarentee it's just as good. Has the same effect and effectiveness and you cool down the plate which cools the air coming in too. on a single plain setup I love both setups.
The spray bars do not obstruct any flow. They simply dont take up enough room. Also I have flowed and tested all the perimeter style plates on the market and non of them can compete with the over all attomization and delivery pattern of our spray bars. This is exactly why we have not released a mass produced bolt on carb style plate yet. We are after the customer that simply wants the best.

The zex plate is a nice plate and for some one spraying a 200 shot maybe alittle more or less it will work fine on most intakes. But when you start getting up in the higher hp levels you will notice that one side of the plate will start to flow more than the other. Now, will this make a bit of difference?????? Theory is the runners will pull it in however they pull it in. Thats the way all the mass produced plates work. Fog the plenum and let the runners pull in what ever they can. Only the spark plugs can tell you if you have a cylinder not doing so well.

Out of all the mass produced perimeter style plates on the market if I were to use one it would be the Zex. The reason why is out of all the perimeter plates we have tested and flowed it is the only one that maintained a consistancy in quality. We have had another companies plate in here that would push the fuel back up into the plate once you reached a certain jet size and it chocked down the throttle body opening about a 1/4 inch all the way around. Quality on this particular plate is all over the place. (Please dont ask me who's it is.)

You simply cant beat the discharge placement and design on our custom spray bars. The spark plugs tell the story.

I have a customer successfully spraying 500 on a set of custom bars we did for him right now.

One of the classes we have our car built for will only allow a single entry style plate set up and I could build any type of nitrous setup I want to on my personal car but it has a set of custom bars. There is a reason for that.

Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 02-01-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Hell yeah! Was going to send mine in a couple weeks ago but the completion date was 3-4 weeks. I'll be sending my intake as soon as its too cold to drive the car
I honestly dont think we are going to have a extreme cold season this year. Our first races are end of March..
Old 02-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Launching!

The spray bars do not obstruct any flow. They simply dont take up enough room. Also I have flowed and tested all the perimeter style plates on the market and non of them can compete with the over all attomization and delivery pattern of our spray bars. This is exactly why we have not released a mass produced bolt on carb style plate yet. We are after the customer that simply wants the best.

The zex plate is a nice plate and for some one spraying a 200 shot maybe alittle more or less it will work fine on most intakes. But when you start getting up in the higher hp levels you will notice that one side of the plate will start to flow more than the other. Now, will this make a bit of difference?????? Theory is the runners will pull it in however they pull it in. Thats the way all the mass produced plates work. Fog the plenum and let the runners pull in what ever they can. Only the spark plugs can tell you if you have a cylinder not doing so well.

Out of all the mass produced perimeter style plates on the market if I were to use one it would be the Zex. The reason why is out of all the perimeter plates we have tested and flowed it is the only one that maintained a consistancy in quality. We have had another companies plate in here that would push the fuel back up into the plate once you reached a certain jet size and it chocked down the throttle body opening about a 1/4 inch all the way around. Quality on this particular plate is all over the place. (Please dont ask me who's it is.)

You simply cant beat the discharge placement and design on our custom spray bars. The spark plugs tell the story.

I have a customer successfully spraying 500 on a set of custom bars we did for him right now.

One of the classes we have our car built for will only allow a single entry style plate set up and I could build any type of nitrous setup I want to on my personal car but it has a set of custom bars. There is a reason for that.

Dave

Hmm good info thanks a lot. I don't think I would have went another route still though if I had to do it again because one I only plan on spraying about a 200 shot with this setup MAX and two after seeing how cold the plate got after only 5 seconds I was sold. These bars do sound pretty bad *** but just wanted to throw out another option for the 4150 guys.

Good read
http://www.gofastnews.com/showthread...ance-justified

Last edited by slippi84; 02-01-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I looked into the perimeter plate but it's not a big enough opening for my scorpion throttle body and gmpp intake. It would hinder flow quite a bit. Dave, you're right about the cold . Too bad I'm preoccupied with a beautiful 2week old baby girl
Old 02-01-2012, 04:35 PM
FormerVendor

The baby girl is in my opinion more of a blessing worth spending time with than the car. Congrats!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Amen!! 4lbs and 13oz!! Insane!

Quick Reply: Single plane with spray bars? Who has it?