Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive controller question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Progressive controller question.

New to nitrous so sorry if this is a dumb question. I have been getting together the parts to put nitrous on my 99 Vette. It is stock and am only looking for a 100-125 shot. It will be going through a HSW Plate. I have a microedge controller, but I like the idea of a progressive controller. Would I be better off buying the upgrade to a microedge plus, or selling the microedge and going to a NOS mini or FJO controller?
Also a side question, if I use the IAT to pull timing would 3 degrees be enough for a small shot or would I need a device to pull timing?
Old 08-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Do you tune the car? Or do much datalogging?

I would start at 5* pulled on a 100hp if the vehicle has been tuned. As far as pulling timing, I would rather see you using the LNC timing controller from Lingenfelter. I still have a few in stock. They are the best way to do it imo, it also gives you a two step in case that is something you might like into.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Graham@NitrousOutlet
Do you tune the car? Or do much datalogging?

I would start at 5* pulled on a 100hp if the vehicle has been tuned. As far as pulling timing, I would rather see you using the LNC timing controller from Lingenfelter. I still have a few in stock. They are the best way to do it imo, it also gives you a two step in case that is something you might like into.
Actually I just purchased HP Tuners, just getting to know it. Unsure yet if I will buy a tune to work with or do it myself.

Was just looking at the LNC ad when I saw your reply, looks like a trick piece!

How about Microedge vs. NOS mini vs FJO? Or won't I need progressive control on a 100 shot? Car is an auto with 3500 stall converter.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

OK, maybe a better way to word it.. is there a difference between how the microedge + and the NOS mini,FJO use the progressive feature? Is one way better than the other?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Microedge plus is an amazing piece, but unfortunatly they are practically impossibe to get, they are back ordered from every vendor ive talked to and you wont get an answer when you call their phone either.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cape T/A
Microedge plus is an amazing piece, but unfortunatly they are practically impossibe to get, they are back ordered from every vendor ive talked to and you wont get an answer when you call their phone either.
Yeah, I found that out today when I called to see about the upgrade.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Teching In

I personally like the eddy controller, dual ramp feature to leave out the gate soft and then bring it all in quick after the car has settled.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The FJO is probably one of the better progressive controllers available. It does require a laptop to program it. Nitrous Outlet has one that is good and doesn't need a computer. On my GTO, I didn't have any problems using a window switch with a 100 shot. Was still doing okay at 125 shot. But, when I installed the 150 jets, I started having traction problems upon activation. That's when I decided to go with a progressive controller.

Quick Reply: Progressive controller question.