Sponsored by:

Adding 2nd stage, Question....

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 05:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adding 2nd stage, Question....

Hi

guys i´m thinking off adding 2nd stage to my setup.

i´m currently running plate kit from Nitrous outlet 92mm single plate
capable up to 400hp

Standalone fuel cell high flow
NOS launcher programmer it´s for 2 stage
(using the laptop)
HPT for tuning

is this then the only thing i need http://nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/pro...9&product=3510

do i only use a T fittings between line from bottle to solnoids and fuel line from the cell to the solnoids will it not effect the flow in any way.

what are people doing....

BTW. i have a 6sp Corvette need to get it better out of the hole i´m currently on a 200 shot planning on 300 later
wante to use 1st gear lockout in one stage and work my way up in the other stage get the 60ft down have it hooke and not spinnig so much
went one run last spring on a rich tune on only 100 shots and got 1.51 in 60ft that´s the best 60fts i have done on 26" tires.
I´´m going to 28" next summer on the 3.42 gears

so maby 100-150 shots on stage 1 and then 100-150 on the second stage

what to get 9´s slip on the 200 shots and then work my way down on bigger shot

thanks
Baezi
Old 09-17-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

If your purpose of adding a 2nd stage is to get out of the hole faster .. I think adding a progressive controller will be the way to go

Will save you time/money and controllability to adjust until you get your best ET
Old 09-17-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cold Zero
If your purpose of adding a 2nd stage is to get out of the hole faster .. I think adding a progressive controller will be the way to go

Will save you time/money and controllability to adjust until you get your best ET
i already have one NOS Launcher http://www.holley.com/15975NOS

but want more controlle over it..

Baezi
Old 09-17-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

So you can set you jetting for 200 and start with xx% and ramp your shot to get better launch

Did you try it that way ? My car is street only we spent good time in dialing the progressive from low roll and it works great
Old 09-17-2011, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cold Zero
So you can set you jetting for 200 and start with xx% and ramp your shot to get better launch

Did you try it that way ? My car is street only we spent good time in dialing the progressive from low roll and it works great
yes i have tried to ramp it in but ,maby i can progress it better in maby the tires are the issue, et street 26x11.5x16 going to 28 inch, but i´m not seeing even the 28 inch tires are handling 750-850 rwhp so easaly out of the hole on 6sp, the track here isn´t that good

i think i will always be in trouble on the bigger shot´s

i think 100 to 150 would be good and would be a lot easyer to progess it out of the hole then ´+200-300

baezi
Old 09-19-2011, 03:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is no one runnig 2 stages that can share few infos...

Baezi
Old 09-20-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would sell your single plate and get a 2 stage plate if you are bent on going with 2 stages. A progressive sounds more in order for you though.

I have never had luck with the et streets on the street. Go get a set of Hoosiers and try them. I have them on my car and it is a night and day difference. I have seen 8 second cars on the street down here with them hook on the street with no problems and decent prep
Old 09-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Direct Port / Holley Nos Progressive Launcher read about it. it will put a smile on your face!

http://www.holley.com/15975NOS

Old 09-20-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WSsic66
Direct Port / Holley Nos Progressive Launcher read about it. it will put a smile on your face!

http://www.holley.com/15975NOS

I already have this Holley Nos Progressive Launcher whith my single plate

Baezi
Old 09-22-2011, 03:52 AM
Staging Lane

I appoligize as you can see i was a little tired. i love that little gadget
Old 09-22-2011, 04:36 AM
TECH Regular

Get the tires 1st if you are looking to change them anyway .. Try the progressive thing if not help .. Do the 2-stage plate from Nitrous Outlet for more cleaner installation

Sorry I'm fan of progressive'd single stage lol .. and I don't want you to waste your money
Old 09-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Teching In

What's the trouble with your progressive? Your only spraying 200 hp a 2nd stage ia not needed at all.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Baezi,
I know what fun it can be to get a manual vette to hook on a crappy track. In all honesty you should be able to do it with the controller you have. Try playing with the starting percentage at a lower rate. Then draw the ramp in feature out alittle longer. This will get you out the box and moving alittle better.

If you do decide to add a second stage I would suggest getting our dual stage plate with the needed compnonets. I can shoot you a quote with those items.

What tires do you have on the car?

Dave
Old 09-22-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Baezi,
I know what fun it can be to get a manual vette to hook on a crappy track. In all honesty you should be able to do it with the controller you have. Try playing with the starting percentage at a lower rate. Then draw the ramp in feature out alittle longer. This will get you out the box and moving alittle better.

If you do decide to add a second stage I would suggest getting our dual stage plate with the needed compnonets. I can shoot you a quote with those items.

What tires do you have on the car?

Dave
I ran MT et streets 26X11.5X16 they are toast now...

planning on running hoosier Quick time pro 28X11.5X16 or the MT 28X11.5X16
can get better deal on the hoosier here in Iceland.

maby that will do on the 200 hit it but i´m dealing whith huge amount of tq as it is now and i´m planning on going 300ish later.
2 stage just makes more sense.
for example:
1st 100 to 150
2nd 100 to 150 1stgear lockout
and then i can always add more to 1st stage and decrease 2nd if it hooks.

Dave tell me when are people using 2 stages and then again why if they run progressive controls...

Thanks
Baezi
Old 09-22-2011, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by baezi z06
I ran MT et streets 26X11.5X16 they are toast now...

planning on running hoosier Quick time pro 28X11.5X16 or the MT 28X11.5X16
can get better deal on the hoosier here in Iceland.

maby that will do on the 200 hit it but i´m dealing whith huge amount of tq as it is now and i´m planning on going 300ish later.
2 stage just makes more sense.
for example:
1st 100 to 150
2nd 100 to 150 1stgear lockout
and then i can always add more to 1st stage and decrease 2nd if it hooks.

Dave tell me when are people using 2 stages and then again why if they run progressive controls...

Thanks
Baezi
Baeze,
New tires will probably help then.

Spliting it up into stages and progressing are both ways of delivering the power through out the run over a period of time instead of all at once.

We do a combination of controllers, timers, and stages on different applications. It really depends on the power levels, rules and customer preference.

You can easily add another stage and even use the progressive to gradually bring in either stage if you wanted to.

If you were to ask me what I think would be money better since I would say instead of buying another stage, focus on suspension and getting the car to bite.

I honsestly think if you were to experiment with what you have you could make it work just fine, even at the 300 hp level.

I will add that at the 300 hp level a directport would be the best option. Then leave the plate for the other stage.

Dave
Old 09-22-2011, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Baeze,
New tires will probably help then.

Spliting it up into stages and progressing are both ways of delivering the power through out the run over a period of time instead of all at once.

We do a combination of controllers, timers, and stages on different applications. It really depends on the power levels, rules and customer preference.

You can easily add another stage and even use the progressive to gradually bring in either stage if you wanted to.

If you were to ask me what I think would be money better since I would say instead of buying another stage, focus on suspension and getting the car to bite.

I honsestly think if you were to experiment with what you have you could make it work just fine, even at the 300 hp level.

I will add that at the 300 hp level a directport would be the best option. Then leave the plate for the other stage.

Dave
thanks alot Dave

i´ll just see what 28 tires will do

Baezi
Old 09-23-2011, 03:39 PM
FormerVendor

Ok , Good luck. Let me know how that works.
Dave