Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best kit- TNT, NX, NOS- Iceman solenoids?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 04:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Best kit- TNT, NX, NOS- Iceman solenoids?

M6. Looking to add a small 75-100 shot. I have longtubes and a 229/233 cam which I hear is perfect for N2O. Dry or wet kit? I'm leaning on the wet kit 100% untill someone gives me a reason not to. Is it better/safer/cheaper to custom build your kit?

-I know I will need a window Switch. I shift my car at 6600 rpm. Can I shift my car to redline on the bottle or should I shift a few hundred rpm after the window off the bottle? Also, should I spray lower in the rpm range, i.e. not at 6600?
a.) spray 3k - 6k, and shift at 6600
b.) spray 3k-6600, and shift at 6600
c.) spray 3k-6k, and shift at 6000

If I do a or b, that will put me in the next gear at a higher rpm which means I will have less nitrous spreadout over the rpms, safer?

-I was told I would not need a bottle heater but I want to be safe. I know 900-1050 is where you want the bottle pressure. How many shots would you get on a 100 shot out of a 10 lb bottle? Recommend 10 or 15# bottle? If the bottle is 1100# full, how much does the pressure fall after each shot?

-What about a purge kit? I was also told I didn't need one of these for less than 150 shot but I think they look cool and I won't be using this kit a lot. So I want the lines ready to go when I spray. I assume the car would buck and surge until the lines were ready without one. Unsafe?

-Will I have to buy a timing mechanism?... to retard the timing 1.5 to 2 degrees for every 50hp? Should I have to have it dynotuned on a wideband or will atap be sufficient? I also read to retard the timing an extra degree per 100 hp on cold nights??

-What are 'iceman' solenoids? The only thing I'm weary about with nitrous are the solenoids going out. Is it safe for me to buy a used kit? Can I rebuild them myself? How often? Are icemans better, more reliable?

Am I missing anything else? I was also planning on mounting nitrous pressure and fuel pressure meters on my a-pillar. Good idea?

Fill me in guys. I would really appreciate any advice. If any person has a system here that is dead-on reliable and safe even if it is custom built I would love to hear it. Thanks. Sorry for all the questions?

I was told I would gain 150hp and 200tq on a TNT 75 shot with my exhaust and cam? REALLY!

Quick Reply: Best kit- TNT, NX, NOS- Iceman solenoids?