Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody put the timing retard box in the glove box?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody put the timing retard box in the glove box?

i got my lingenfelter timing retard box in the mail and i wanted to mount it in the glove box, did not want the box showing under the hood, the wires that go to the coil wont reach that far.... dont think i should cut them to make longer, any ideas?
Old 10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Launching!

ive got mine in glovebox! but i dont have ac so they are going thru my ac delete panel they are long enough like that! i wouldnt butcher up my new box if it wouldnt reach though!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Extending the harness

We don't normally recommend cutting or extending the harness. You risk added electrical noise problems and every joint/splice adds resistance and durability risks.

I haven't tried this myself but a fairly simple way to increase the effective harness length without cutting anything that you could easily undue and go back to stock with might be to get the coil pack extension harnesses Caspers Electronics offers. If it works with those connected, then you are good. If you have problems, you just unplug them and plug our box right back into the coil back harnesses. Might be worth trying out.

Originally Posted by vbls
i got my lingenfelter timing retard box in the mail and i wanted to mount it in the glove box, did not want the box showing under the hood, the wires that go to the coil wont reach that far.... dont think i should cut them to make longer, any ideas?
Old 03-23-2014, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
We don't normally recommend cutting or extending the harness. You risk added electrical noise problems and every joint/splice adds resistance and durability risks.

I haven't tried this myself but a fairly simple way to increase the effective harness length without cutting anything that you could easily undue and go back to stock with might be to get the coil pack extension harnesses Caspers Electronics offers. If it works with those connected, then you are good. If you have problems, you just unplug them and plug our box right back into the coil back harnesses. Might be worth trying out.
bringing back from dead! anyone know if these coilpack harness extensions work with the lnc?

Quick Reply: anybody put the timing retard box in the glove box?