Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zex wont "learn" tps.. Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would we have our foot in our mouth? Fact is ZEX doesn't have a good track record for reliability. More importantly you are spending the same money(often more I am sure) to get a much inferior product.

There is a reason why ZEX is not liked around here and it isn't just because they aren't a sponsor. I would buy NOS long before. It is at least good stuff but it is just too expensive.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I used mine with a digital msd, and a hsw microedge.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

I just thought it was interesting that I see everyone bash on Zex but yet I dont see anyone talking about why... It's always a generic statement ''zex sucks".. There is never a legit reason following the statement to back up why... If the noids had a high rate of failure, or if the nozzle sucks.. anything.... I think I know why I never see why, its because its a bandwagon that everyone has hopped up on without ANY experience.. Not trying to fight with you custm but where is your experience with Zex?? You ever ran a Zex kit?? I could be wrong, I sometimes am, but I HIGHLY doubt you have any real world experience to speak of with the Zex kits..

Tell ya what.. I got the kit ready to rock n roll so I will just hit the track with it and let the numbers do the talking.. if the numbers suck, Zex sucks.. Can you tell I''m not worried?
Old 10-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

If I remember correctly you your self, said "I know it is a begginer kit, and down the road I will upgrade to noids and plate.

I personaly have used one kit and it was on a Firebird. He had a local "tuner speed shop" (place was a joke and closed shortly after opening) install it. It was 9 plus years ago and I only went out to run it with him once. It didn't work but we thought the bottle might have been empty.

I havn't heard anything great about ZEX obviously on here, or when i used to be on probetalk.com 8-10 years ago when I had my probe.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Correct,.. I know if I want to spray a big shot the Zex kit isnt meant for it.. Thats why I say its a beginner kit.. that doesnt make it a "bad" kit though..

That's all I am trying to say.. for what it is meant for its not bad.. I paid 230 for the kit and have spent about 260 more at nitrous outlet getting all the accessories I wanted.. For 500 bucks I am happy
Old 10-16-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
Why would we have our foot in our mouth? Fact is ZEX doesn't have a good track record for reliability. More importantly you are spending the same money(often more I am sure) to get a much inferior product.

There is a reason why ZEX is not liked around here and it isn't just because they aren't a sponsor. I would buy NOS long before. It is at least good stuff but it is just too expensive.
Why would you not??

Hardly anybody runs their kit on here, where is this track record coming from?

I got my zex kit with a couple small extras for 250$, with a full bottle of nitrous.

I will buy a brand x kit next.. For no other reason than thy are a sponsor and I can get noids that will support a larger shot than 200. Zex will spray a 200 hit fwiw, that came straight out of our sponsors mouth.... after backing up that zex is a perfectly good kit with some ups and downs, just like everything.

Originally Posted by 1BAD98TA
I just thought it was interesting that I see everyone bash on Zex but yet I dont see anyone talking about why... It's always a generic statement ''zex sucks".. There is never a legit reason following the statement to back up why... If the noids had a high rate of failure, or if the nozzle sucks.. anything.... I think I know why I never see why, its because its a bandwagon that everyone has hopped up on without ANY experience.. Not trying to fight with you custm but where is your experience with Zex?? You ever ran a Zex kit?? I could be wrong, I sometimes am, but I HIGHLY doubt you have any real world experience to speak of with the Zex kits..

Tell ya what.. I got the kit ready to rock n roll so I will just hit the track with it and let the numbers do the talking.. if the numbers suck, Zex sucks.. Can you tell I''m not worried?
You hit it on the head..... Bandwagon, period.

With all my accessories, I went a little over what most do, I had right at 650$ in my entire kit.. And it was a nice kit. I also was happy.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by lemons12
Hardly anybody runs their kit on here, where is this track record coming from?

If you notice I also said I was a regular on probetalk.com years ago and no one had anything good to say there.

I truly hope that your investment works well for you. I don't want or wish to see anyone spend money and it not be well spent. That is why so many try to steer people away because multiple sources agree.

Good luck.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
If you notice I also said I was a regular on probetalk.com years ago and no one had anything good to say there.

I truly hope that your investment works well for you. I don't want or wish to see anyone spend money and it not be well spent. That is why so many try to steer people away because multiple sources agree.

Good luck.
Probably just more trash talking on that site as well. You will not find many people that will say they have personel experience with a Zex kit, but they will always seem to have a friend/aquaintance that has. Lot of people run Zex kits. They are user friendly, look sharp and deliver what they are rated to deliver, just as good as any kit out there for smaller shots.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Hype, trash talk, lies, what ever it is. If I get a boat load of info saying one thing I am not usually going to fight it unless there is a damn good reason. Doesn't seem like you saved much over what has been proven over and over again so there is no reason other then a un-informed purchase to go ZEX.

Again I have seen one kit installed on a car. I didn't install it nor did I have much direct experience with the kit. But I have seen plenty to steer clear.

Like I said good luck and I hope for your sake there isn't a post thread in the near future about a waisted trip to the track, or worse the **** failing and blowing up your motor. I am one to think outside the box and do plenty of things I get flamed on for but a ZEX is something I will always leave for the tuners.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well we are 3/3 with first hand experience in this thread.. Beside user error, zero problems so far.

I have heard lots of bad things as well... But first hand experience, never heard a negative thing about the kit.
I also don't consider a small shot a 200 hit.. And like I said a tech sponsor said with me over the phone that there is absolutely nothing wrong with zex that it is a good kit besides not being able to be customized as much with some of the nicer window switches and not being able to spray a bigger shot than 200.... Doesn't sound too bad to me. If it was so bad, while I was already spending 400$ with them, he would have tried to steer me away and upgrade to their noids.

I have never seen another brand kit in good shape with a few extras and nitrous in the bottle sell for 250$. Zex kits sell cheap on here..... Because they are junk, or so people say.

I get where you're coming from man.. But the bandwagons are pretty long and wide on tech to fit plenty of people.. Just make sure you are not one of them and think for yourself!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

I picked up 16mph at the track with a zex kit and nano. Some kits are rated at the flywheel and some at the rear wheels. Some come supplied with jets on the rich side and some don't, but nitrous is nitrous as long as you get it setup right.

Quick Reply: Zex wont "learn" tps.. Help!!