Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help finding a tuner.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help finding a tuner.....

Looking for an above average LS nitrous tuner. I live in NE Oklahoma but am willing to travel 4-5 hours in any direction (Dallas, KCMO, ect...). These are the guys I'm familiar with........Taylor @ Dallas Performance, Sean @ True Street Motorsports, Lorenz @ LSX Power Tuning.....who else or is one of these guys who I need to be taking my car to ??

Basically someone who's very familiar with all the "tricks" and what the LS motor likes and its limits.

And the second question is.....if I'm going to start getting serious about "chasing" an ET with nitrous, then I should invest in some software ?? And if so, who's ??

Thanks........
Old 11-21-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are willing to learn, invest in software without a question. It's all in what you prefer, I've owned both and lean toward EFILive, but HPTuners has more online support. Both are amazing.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah...I'm probably going to buy some software...but I still would like to get solid baseline on my setup before I start "learning".

Who do you guys recommend for a great nitrous tune in my area ??

Thanks..........
Old 11-22-2011, 07:45 PM
9 Second Club

As Tan327 mentioned, yourself. As long as you have a solid NA tune you can learn to turn nitrous by reading and asking questions on here. That's what i did and so far it's working out pretty good. I searched for months and read countless hours on here and yellowbullet before I got started. I made several friends along the way and Lorenz being one of them.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Carter01
As Tan327 mentioned, yourself. As long as you have a solid NA tune you can learn to turn nitrous by reading and asking questions on here. That's what i did and so far it's working out pretty good. I searched for months and read countless hours on here and yellowbullet before I got started. I made several friends along the way and Lorenz being one of them.
Thanks man......yeah I spend most of my time on the YB reading. Thanks....thats kind of the "role" I have been playing. I'm not a nitrous newbie (carb/plate) but I am a LS/EFI nitrous newbie. HP Tuner, EFI Live, LS1 Edit, Tuner Cat ect.......where to begin ??

Thanks...............maybe I should have posted this in the "tune" section ??
Old 11-22-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are alot of write-ups to get you through the basics if you decide to get the software yourself. In the end you will want to be able to tweak things for yourself. It might be beneficial to get it done proffesionaly first and then start tweaking after you have a good baseline to go off of. Give us a shout if you have any questions. We aren't too far up I-44 from you.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSOHOLIC
Thanks man......yeah I spend most of my time on the YB reading. Thanks....thats kind of the "role" I have been playing. I'm not a nitrous newbie (carb/plate) but I am a LS/EFI nitrous newbie. HP Tuner, EFI Live, LS1 Edit, Tuner Cat ect.......where to begin ??

Thanks...............maybe I should have posted this in the "tune" section ??
My poison is EFI Live. Very easy to use and has tons of options.