Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Express Plate review!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 04:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
Just out of curiosity, what does this Nitrous Outlet LS3 "92mm" two stage go for now? Not including jetting?
Our Made in the USA plate conversions include an O-ring Gasket, Throttle extention bracket, mounting hardware for different throttle body applications, and jetting from 50-200 HP.

We offer a single stage and a dual stage conversion. It cost us more to build different options instead of cramming everything into one design. However by doing we have more of a precise fitment for different applications.

Our single stage conversion is 299.99
Our dual stage conversion is 349.99

Every one of our products are FLOW tested before they are put on the shelf. We are the most knowledgable nitrous company when it comes to the LSX platform. Therefore we do alot of one on one tuning advise.

We are offering much more than a part number.

Dave
Old 12-19-2011, 05:04 PM
FormerVendor

Don't bother. After I asked you to kindly leave this thread (because it was 100% non derogatory to you until you came in) I want absolutely nothing to do with you or your products. The first person to send me 200$ paypal can have this thing.
You started a thread with mis information regaurding our products. I have to address that. I did so in a technical manner and let the facts speak for themself.There is no reason to take it personal. Keep it to the facts and the truth will always prevail.

Now that you have made an accusation that you ordered a 92mm plate from us and recieved a 90mm plate I think I deserve the oportunity to address that. Its as simple as let me look up your order?
Dave
Old 12-19-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't bother. After I asked you to kindly leave this thread (because it was 100% non derogatory to you until you came in) I want absolutely nothing to do with you or your products. The first person to send me 200$ paypal can have this thing.
I don't want to butt in here but it seems like nitrous outlet is trying to help here. Just reading this review it does seem like your down playing their product. Of course you have every right to your own opinion, that is why we have these message boards... To share opinions. Nitrous Outlet is just trying to defend their product and i think that shows that they have a lot of pride in what they sell. Dave has given you some hard numbers and facts here and is trying to get this resolved for you. If you give him the info of the order maybe we can all learn something here. Remember this thread might get viewed months from now by somebody trying to figure out what plate to buy for their truck. By allowing nitrous outlet to figure out what's going on here and figure out if they indeed sent you the wrong plate you may inadvertently help somebody else out doing research on nitrous plates down the road. Of course dont wanna step on any toes here, just dropping 2 cents in the bucket.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
You started a thread with mis information regaurding our products. I have to address that. I did so in a technical manner and let the facts speak for themself.There is no reason to take it personal. Keep it to the facts and the truth will always prevail.

Now that you have made an accusation that you ordered a 92mm plate from us and recieved a 90mm plate I think I deserve the oportunity to address that. Its as simple as let me look up your order?
Dave
There was no misinformation. The "92mm" I had was smaller than the 90 from NX.

Like I said, don't bother. I'm washing my hands of you and your company.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 239 Likes on 178 Posts

As far as the gasket is concerned. Yours constantly fell out every time I removed the plate.
I have installed and used there plates on probably 50+ cars and haven't had a single O ring fall out. Hell I have a dual stage plate I have ran on 3 or 4 of my own cars in my tool box still with the original o ring. Are you over tightening the TB and smashing the o ring?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:12 PM
FormerVendor

There was no misinformation. The "92mm" I had was smaller than the 90 from NX.

Like I said, don't bother. I'm washing my hands of you and your company.
I am trying to work with you here. I am not upset at you in any way. I just want to address the issue if there is actually an issue to address.

I do not understand why you are taking this so personal. Take the emotions out of it and lets compare facts. Thats why you started the thread isnt it?

Dave
Old 12-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

here is the plate on the truck intake, you can see the intake into the manifold is larger than 90.57mm so the spray pattern is not affected by the intake being 87mm if that is what you are suggesting, the TB may be 87mm, but the intake inlet is larger than 87mm.

and here is a pic of the o-ring that was mentioned above

Last edited by NitrousExpress; 12-19-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:19 PM
FormerVendor

Ryan, Please size your pictures...
Old 12-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I am trying to work with you here. I am not upset at you in any way. I just want to address the issue if there is actually an issue to address.

I do not understand why you are taking this so personal. Take the emotions out of it and lets compare facts. Thats why you started the thread isnt it?

Dave
Unfortunately, no that is not why I started this thread. I started this thread to show the changes I made, not to belittle you or your company. There are no emotions. I have no ill feelings towards you or your company. I just decided to go with a higher quality piece that fits me better, as I should have in the beginning. When I bought your plate, I do not believe there was a plate on the market that fit the truck intake...

There is no issue for you to address. Pretend I never bought anything from you, like I'm doing from this point on.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 239 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by KTK Z28
I don't want to butt in here but it seems like nitrous outlet is trying to help here. Just reading this review it does seem like your down playing their product. Of course you have every right to your own opinion, that is why we have these message boards... To share opinions. Nitrous Outlet is just trying to defend their product and i think that shows that they have a lot of pride in what they sell. Dave has given you some hard numbers and facts here and is trying to get this resolved for you. If you give him the info of the order maybe we can all learn something here. Remember this thread might get viewed months from now by somebody trying to figure out what plate to buy for their truck. By allowing nitrous outlet to figure out what's going on here and figure out if they indeed sent you the wrong plate you may inadvertently help somebody else out doing research on nitrous plates down the road. Of course dont wanna step on any toes here, just dropping 2 cents in the bucket.

I was going to say the same thing. Nobody knows what happen since the guy doesnt want to post his info. It could have been a shipping mistake, machining mistake, or he could have bought used and got something different than he thought.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:29 PM
FormerVendor

Unfortunately, no that is not why I started this thread. I started this thread to show the changes I made, not to belittle you or your company. There are no emotions. I have no ill feelings towards you or your company. I just decided to go with a higher quality piece that fits me better, as I should have in the beginning. When I bought your plate, I do not believe there was a plate on the market that fit the truck intake...

There is no issue for you to address. Pretend I never bought anything from you, like I'm doing from this point on.
In your opening statement you typed. "I wanted to go ahead and post pictures of this and get the thread started. The new part is sitting at home and I'll have install pictures on Friday. Ryan @ Nitrous Express really hooked me up here."

Based off the direction you took, I have to assume you were compensated to start a thread to compare the two plates.

Your post has some mis informations and is not a fair comparison. So I asked questions to make sure we were talking actual facts.

Then when you realize the plate you have was not even what you stated it to be you accuse us of sending you the wrong plate. Then deny me the right to look up your order.

Since you made statements and refuse to give me facts it makes me question your attention.

Based off some of the past shady attacks taken towards our company. I have to ask myself is this another attempt. I simply want to look up your name and if its legit no harm done.

Dave
Old 12-19-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

how about you run one plate vs the other... bring it to the track... same jetting, and run one for 2 passes, then switch, and run the other for two passes. nx and nitrous outlet both make awesome product. the problem i have with nx is the price you pay for damn near the same product as nitrous outlet. not to mention that nitrous outlet has tons of custom **** for the lsx line. which you just dont get with nitrous express... i will say that from experience that both product is awesome...

also if you give nitrous outlet the chance to look up your order and it happens to be the wrong plate they sent. then im willing to bet they will compensate you. but beings you arent giving them the chance for that my bet is that u bought it used and the person selling it lied to you. and now your taking it out on nitrous outlet
Old 12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black99TransAm
how about you run one plate vs the other... bring it to the track... same jetting, and run one for 2 passes, then switch, and run the other for two passes. nx and nitrous outlet both make awesome product. the problem i have with nx is the price you pay for damn near the same product as nitrous outlet. not to mention that nitrous outlet has tons of custom **** for the lsx line. which you just dont get with nitrous express... i will say that from experience that both product is awesome...

also if you give nitrous outlet the chance to look up your order and it happens to be the wrong plate they sent. then im willing to bet they will compensate you. but beings you arent giving them the chance for that my bet is that u bought it used and the person selling it lied to you. and now your taking it out on nitrous outlet
No need to do it at the track. The road in front of my house works just fine. One plate doesn't distribute (because it had to be mounted upside down on my intake) and one does. I don't want them to compensate me or anything of the sort. My hands are clean of them.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm personally waiting for this review to move to the part of testing the 400hp jetting of the "superior" nx plate. That would really be the sell for me, not someone jumping on here spazzing out about what I really can't see as a major issue in ANY of the pics.

Someone just resorted to a forum post instead of manning up and calling someone.

In with 20 bucks for a youtube video showing this.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No need to do it at the track. The road in front of my house works just fine. One plate doesn't distribute (because it had to be mounted upside down on my intake) and one does. I don't want them to compensate me or anything of the sort. My hands are clean of them.
http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...-plate-482050/

You had a piece together nitrous kit with the wrong solenoids and you were surprised it didnt work correctly? What jetting did you use? Did you have all of the problems before or after having Casey tune the truck?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

The road in front of your house tells nothing about which plate makes more power/faster times.

Again, I won't be convinced until there is some 400 jets installed and youtubed.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thedudeZ
The road in front of your house tells nothing about which plate makes more power/faster times.

Again, I won't be convinced until there is some 400 jets installed and youtubed.
If you try hard enough you may be able to get Mike at NX to make a video of them flowing the plate with the 400 jets to show it will actually flow 400hp.
Mike likes making youtube videos.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...-plate-482050/

You had a piece together nitrous kit with the wrong solenoids and you were surprised it didnt work correctly? What jetting did you use? Did you have all of the problems before or after having Casey tune the truck?
Lol ghetto kit with junk parts and he blames the plate... we got a smart one here
Old 12-19-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I want to start off by saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with the setup I have now. I'm currently running a Nitrous Outlet 92mm two stage plate. The truck TB isn't that big and I really have no need for a second stage. I plan on hitting this thing with 200 or less, and all at one time. IF anything else changes, it'll just be going to an electronic WOT switch instead of the current button setup.

Anyway, I was talking to Ryan and he convinced me that a 90mm single stage that they just developed for the L92 intake/TB would work better for me. It's going to be able to be mounted upright on this intake instead of upside down like the LS3 plate is. The MAIN reason for my swap is easier jet changes. It's going to completely take away the stealth setup I have at this particular moment, but that's OKAY. I don't pop my hood to anyone anyway. It's a cammed 6.2l on spray... everyone knows that and I have no problem admitting it to anyone. I'm still slow after all.

And what you're all really wanting to know... do I notice a difference?

YES. This plate hits much harder than my previous plate. With my old plate being mounted upside down, it would create a small stutter until everything evened out. With this plate, I hit the button and we're off the to races. Overall, hands down, a much better product both in design and function. Thanks Ryan @ Nitrous Express.

Here's some more pictures.
First you say there is nothing wrong with what you have now, then you say you will never spray more than a 200 shot, then you say you switched because of the easier jet changes, then you contradict everything you just said repeatedly.

Followed by complaints about the previous product, followed by you needed a single stage plate that would flow a 400 shot, again I want to see just about any plate halfass distribute that much spray in that long runner intake.

You should have run this review by an english teacher or a magazine editor so you could keep from looking so bad.

Again, be a man, put on the 400 shot at the track. I've got 20 bucks.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

and the real story comes out... dude buys used **** and he is complaining about it... dude just admit you got screwed when you bought your "92mm plate" then man up and apologize to nitrous outlet...

btw the nitrous express kit is a nice piece. just your comparing some used stuff that isnt what u thought it to be to some new stuff that is what its supposed to be

Quick Reply: Nitrous Express Plate review!