Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX MAF or Harris Plate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX MAF or Harris Plate?

I have a 99 Vette that I will be putting nitrous on later this year after I am happy with how it is running.( Doing bolt-ons, headers, 1.85 rockers etc.)
I have a NX wet kit that originally came with a shark nozzle, and I picked up a 78mm HSW plate for it. I have a chance to pick up a new/used NX MAF kit at a reasonable price. I'm curious is spraying in the plate (after the throttle blade) or the MAF (before the blade) preferable?
I like the looks of the MAF and think it would make a cleaner install (I'm not trying to hide it). But the MAF on the Vette is in front of the air bridge, so I'm guessing it's probably 10" front of the throttle blade. Any input you nitrous guys could give me in this decision would be great and appreciated.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

i personally say use the plate I think it is a cleaner look than the maf. Also Id imagine the plate will hit a little harder probally not to noticable.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I vote sell them both and get a Nitrous Outlet plate.lol

Either one will work if you are loooking for 50 to 150hp.

Personaly I would use the maff kit. While it is dated technology it is basically a dual nozzle kit machined into the maff housing. I like how the maff ends flow compared to the plate you have.

If you use the Harris plate plan on using a shorter fuel hose than nitrous hose to keep it from lean spiking.

Dave
Old 12-23-2011, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I vote sell them both and get a Nitrous Outlet plate.lol

Either one will work if you are loooking for 50 to 150hp.

Personaly I would use the maff kit. While it is dated technology it is basically a dual nozzle kit machined into the maff housing. I like how the maff ends flow compared to the plate you have.

If you use the Harris plate plan on using a shorter fuel hose than nitrous hose to keep it from lean spiking.

Dave

Well, can't sell 'em both as I only have the HSW plate, I just heard about the MAF kit being for sale recently, that's why I asked.

I wasn't planning on going higher than a 150 shot, so I'm guessing the HSW plate will work okay.

I was concerned about the MAF kit because of the distance sprayed, it's about 12" between my MAF and the intake, because of the air bridge going over the radiator.

When you mention a shorter fuel hose than nitrous hose, I'm assuming you are speaking between the plate and the solenoids? Does this apply even though I"m using a Nano set-up?

My idea is this: since it's Christmas, how about giving me a nice new Nitrous Outlet Plate. Then when I open my hood at a car show or the drags they'll see Nitrous Outlet, instead of HSW on the plate. Heck, I'll even trade you for my HSW plate!

Seriously, thanks for all the help you are on the forum, I'm new to nitrous and have spent alot of time reading the posts on here to get more knowledge and you answers have helped alot.

Quick Reply: NX MAF or Harris Plate?