Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous bottle angle question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 06:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nitrous bottle angle question

hello i have a dillemma.. i am installing a tnt kit on my bird. They were backordered for nearly a month so to be nice they upgraded my 10 lb bottle to a 15lb bottle. this would be good but i have no where to mount the damn thing.. It will not fit in the spare tire well nor in between the seats without 4 inches of it sticking out on top of my console rendering the console useless and very hard to open the bottle. i thought that it would fit in the spare tire well but the convertibles have a brace that runs across the length of the car and the nose of the bottle hits it.. my question is can the bottle be mounted at a steeper angle than its "supposed" to be? I have saw pics of peoples bottles mounted sitting straight up..is this alright? i am aware of the siphon tube and how it is positioned and would think since the bottle is pressureized it would not matter if it set straight up.. right or not? If your wondering why i dont just put it in the trunk.. i have a sub,amps,and cap back there.....I know i know throw that **** away in the name of speed..but i really like my sound.. oh well. I might want to trade someone a 10lb for my new 15 pound you pay shipping both ways, i dont know how much that would be for a big *** bottle..may not be worth it but is is a consideration i have been thinking about.
thanks people,
Matt
Old 03-22-2004, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hah, i asked this question a few months ago and i didnt get any response either, i have a 12lb bottle and it is at about a 45* angle in my spare tire well. it seems to be working ok but this is my first venture into the realm of nitrous so as long as it sprays(and it does)im happy with it atm.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it can I have seen many Pro Street huge NOS guys even mount them straight up and down! It all works but some ways are better a 45* is the best with the label up facing the front of the car.

Quick Reply: nitrous bottle angle question