Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another satisfied N20 outlet customer!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is how my trans brake is wired currently. The round thing with 12 volts going to it and ground going from it to the ground point is the trans brake solenoid itself, I forgot to label it.

Looking at that harlan diagram can I not just take the white wire to it's own ground point and the grey wire to the trans brake solenoids ground point, and then take the yellow interrupt wire and splice into my power wire for my fuel and nitrous solenoids?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:50 AM
10 Second Club

I'm not using a micro switch.

I'm using TPS activation so I only have one relay for my nitrous and one relay for my bottle heater.

The nitrous relay has one wire at pin 85 going to the window switch with controls the first stage, pin 30 is a 12v feed, pin 87 is sending 12v out to my fuel and nitrous solenoids, and pin 86 is going to my white keyed 12v source/arming switch coming from the window switch that is then spliced to run inside the cabin to the acc prong on my arming switch for the kit.

Now can I take that yellow interrupt wire from the two step and hook it to pin 87a that isn't being used currently? Or does it go to a different pin?

I really would like to get to use this transbrake and launch off of it.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO if that yellow wire u speak of needs power to activate, then yes, bc then it wld activate the 2 step/tb and kill the nos, until u let off the button.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:27 AM
TECH Resident

U would need to use another relay
Old 05-09-2012, 08:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by krissoto
IMO if that yellow wire u speak of needs power to activate, then yes, bc then it wld activate the 2 step/tb and kill the nos, until u let off the button.
The yellow wire needs no power to activate it. It's not an activation wire.

All it does is supply a ground signal to a working 12v signal thus grounding it out.

It works like this. If you have 12v powering your solenoids or 12v activating your nitrous then you splice that yellow wire into the 12v that power's the solenoids or the 12v that activates the nitrous. This way when the two step comes on line and is limiting engine rpm that yellow wire is sending ground to the 12v wire trying to power the solenoids.

If that ground signal is applied to 12v won't it effectively ground out that signal?

It should right?

The yellow wire has nothing to do with making the two step work. It just interrupts the nitrous so it doesn't spray on the trans brake.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Ok well if it supplies a ground, if you hook it up to the 87a on the relay, and you activate the tb, it should break the ground therefor cutting off the nitrous, and then once you let off the button, it would apply the ground and arm the nitrous. Mine is hooked up to a nos mini, and it uses the ground. My 2 step and tb are on the same button, and is wired in with a relay for this purpose.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by krissoto
Ok well if it supplies a ground, if you hook it up to the 87a on the relay, and you activate the tb, it should break the ground therefor cutting off the nitrous, and then once you let off the button, it would apply the ground and arm the nitrous. Mine is hooked up to a nos mini, and it uses the ground. My 2 step and tb are on the same button, and is wired in with a relay for this purpose.
Ok that is what I need it to do.

So yellow wire to 87a on my nitrous relay.

Now as far as the trans brake and two step go, can I just hook the grey wire to the ground point I am using for my transbrake solenoid and ground the white wire to its own ground? Would this activate the two step when I'm on the transbrake?

I really need to get this wired tonight!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:27 PM
10 Second Club

Ok here is how I wired it up.

Two step works when the transbrake button is pushed, but when I release the transbrake button the brake releases but the two step stays engaged.

What do I do?

I have a diode laying around where should I put it in this diagram to not allow the two step to stay on after the brake releases?

Here is one other thing I can think of. I had the yellow wire in pin 87a of my nitrous relay. I did not have my nitrous armed. Since that yellow wire goes to pin 87a to keep the nitrous from spraying while the two step is limiting engine rpm would not having the nitrous armed make it do this?

I am honestly at the point where I don't give a **** if I can set my window switch at the same rpm my two step is set at. I can set it 200-300rpm higher than the two step and still come off the line hard.
Attached Thumbnails Another satisfied N20 outlet customer!-diagram.jpg  

Quick Reply: Another satisfied N20 outlet customer!