Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just spray for the first time.. delay when activated???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just spray for the first time.. delay when activated???

hey guys i just sprayed for the first time with a 50 jet for both fuel and n20. when i activate it past 3500ish there is a slight pause then pulls perfect no detonation. its the stock tune with no timing pulled and tr6 plugs(switching to bf7s soon which i know someone will comment on that) any thoughts?? too much fuel?
Old 06-21-2012, 01:57 AM
Staging Lane

oh its the 78mm plate kit from nitrous outlet, ls1, stock ls6 intake,TB and maf ftp lid full exhaust...
Old 06-21-2012, 02:19 AM
Staging Lane

this is just me I'm not the best but ur playing a dangerous game with just a stock tune and no timing Idk how bad it is with a 50 shot I'm using a 100 shot and had my timing backed down three degrees personally I would limit the times u.spray until u get a tune the delay could be air in the lines do u have a purge?

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Old 06-21-2012, 02:24 AM
Staging Lane

the only different between mine and ur set up is my shot is bigger and I'm using a single nozel wet kit and dyno tune.. this is all on a 01 z28 stock rwhp before dyno 258 after dyno 330 then spray 440 just some numbers for u u running a plate kit with a good tune I can pull a little more than 50 out of ur shot also ur fuel air ratio needs to be tuned or u will run to lean sorry this is so long just letting u know what I know

Old 06-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Staging Lane

also are u on a full throttle switch Manuel button or a relay switch (small timing box)

Old 06-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by daniel(sleepysleepy)
the only different between mine and ur set up is my shot is bigger and I'm using a <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">single</a> nozel wet kit and dyno tune.. this is all on a 01 z28 stock rwhp before dyno 258 after dyno 330 then spray 440 just some numbers for u u running a plate kit with a good tune I can pull a little more than 50 out of ur shot also ur fuel air ratio needs to be tuned or u will run to lean sorry this is so long just letting u know what I know

thanks for the tip, ive read a 50 is fine on a stock tune but i am about safety for sure. i will get i dyno tuned and get a timing tunner as well, with a fuel pressure gauge and wide-band... i know 2 degrees every 50 is rule of thumb plus i need to get it jetted perfectly while tuning. i pulled a plug looks great but i know its risky.. any other thoughts???
Old 06-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Staging Lane

highly recommend a purge if u don't have one I'm looking at stall converters so I can spray off the line I hear a 50 shot is awesome to use to get moving u might look into a converter for some great launches plus if ur willing to spend the money a nano kit is well worth it

Old 06-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shpuldnt have a problem with 50 at all, know people that dont do a thing with 100 good plugs and 93 tiped with 100.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:37 AM
Staging Lane

i actualy know people that have done 100 with just a tr6 nothign else done just 93
Old 06-21-2012, 02:37 AM
Staging Lane

Idk what vehicle u have but if u ever go bigger than a 50 u might have to change fuel pumps I had to but this also gave me room to run what I plan on upgrading to witch will be a duel stage 50 then to a 150

Old 06-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Staging Lane

I can't say.wether u will be fine or not I'm just sayings what all I did to protect my motor since its my only transportation

Old 06-21-2012, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

also are u on a full throttle switch Manuel button or a relay switch (small timing box)

oh sorry, no purge kit right now.. was thinking that as well being the issue. i have the summit dual window switch, i looked for a lot of help and couldnt get the damn signal from that to complete the circuit.I pulled that out and just wired it directly to the relay. i do have WOT switch from nitrous outlet. im selling the summit switch because i was so frustrated with it. I am hitting the arm switch when it reaches 3500 plus(6k red line) feel a slight delay.. then boom it sprays perfect through 1st.. second then let off..same happened with 2nd and third run.. Dave are you out there?? lol so i was guessing my fuel jet maybe too much?? i have no idea ugh
Old 06-21-2012, 02:53 AM
Staging Lane

Idk what vehicle u have but if u ever go bigger than a 50 u might have to change fuel <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">pumps</a> I had to but this also gave me room to run what I plan on upgrading to witch will be a duel stage 50 then to a 150

its a 2002 ta a4 longtubes, open cut out right now, ftp lid, stock ls6 intake, stock maf, stock tb, nitrous outlet 78 plate, 273 gears, no stall, stock tune, stock heads cam and bottom end of coarse
Old 06-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Staging Lane

it very well could be as simple as just needing a purge I'm also use the wot switch from Nitrous outlet work just a arming toggle switch I like it better than a control module just cause its there when I want it not when a computer thinks I want it also I notices delays of the same type when my purge gave out got it fix now no issues

Old 06-21-2012, 03:04 AM
Staging Lane

it <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">very</a> well could be as simple as just needing a purge I'm also use the wot switch from Nitrous outlet work just a arming toggle switch I like it better than a control module just cause its there when I want it not when a <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">computer</a> thinks I want it also I notices delays of the same type when my purge gave out got it fix now no issues

Ok cool thanks, im thinking since im activating it each time the line might have a gap.. fuel is instant which obviously is best to reduce any problems.. when i get it tuned with a new purge kit I will keep you guys posted! thanks for all the input im just excited i finally got it working but that delay was a concern!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:09 AM
Staging Lane

yep everybody loves the giggle juice be safe man keep it between the ditches

Old 06-21-2012, 03:16 AM
Staging Lane

yep everybody loves the giggle juice be safe man keep it between the ditches

i appreciate all the input, looked around a bit and everyone said the delay is from no purge! thanks again
mike
Old 06-21-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

Ive got a NOS brand purge & a new Zex WOT switch with directions PM me if your interested Theyre extras from the 2 kits I bought off of here & I already have a dual window switch Theyre just takin up room in my top drawer in my tool box lol
Old 06-22-2012, 12:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

My car was doing that on 100 shot. I went down a couple of sizes on the fuel jet and it stopped.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd like to see perfect plugs with a 50n and 50f jet no offense, please don't take that personally. I just hear it a lot. Hell I can't get a perfect plug either as I don't think they exist! We as humans always want more!

I would pull at least 4*-5* pop the BR7's in, get a wideband or at least confirm the afr on a dyno with a wideband before spraying again. Good luck.

Oh and a purge!

Quick Reply: Just spray for the first time.. delay when activated???