Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quality Solenoids

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quality Solenoids

Currently who is making some of the best solenoids? From a technological standpoint, it looks like NX's solenoids design is pretty good although not as simple as others. Like always, the more moving parts, the more opportunity to break or fail. Anyone have any experience?
Old 06-23-2012, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

Nitrous Express & Nitrous Outlet get my vote When I got the 2 kits Ive got now One had a NOS purge, I had a Harris purge from a deal. The one kits a mainline the other has Iceman noids. Bout all of em are the same except for packaging / outter appearance IF you make a noid to complex/technical itll fail Thats my 2 cents Im sure others will add their take on it. The area you want/need technology is timing controlers & single or dual stage window switches. IF you use a progressive controller itll eat noids if theyre not a Quality piece
Old 06-23-2012, 06:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

I think nitrous outlet has some of the best solinoids out there. I have installed and used hundreds of there kits and never had an issue. I have seen almost every brand apart and nitrous outlet still gets my vote.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Launching!

Nitrous outlet and nx. Never a issue with either. Harris is the only one that I have had multipal issues with.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:52 AM
Banned

I figured it was going to be between the two. Does anyone have any info on why these to brands of solenoids are better than the rest? what technology is used?
Old 06-25-2012, 03:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
I figured it was going to be between the two. Does anyone have any info on why these to brands of solenoids are better than the rest? what technology is used?
when I looked at this issue, I found the Nitrous Outlet solenoid had a 25amp draw and the NX was 30. I suspect the increased amperage requirement
is related to the noids ability to keep the solenoid open under use and maybe better for use w/progressive units.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Believe it or not there is a science behind building a quality solenoid. I will not go into specifics comparing our solenoid to the competition but I can honestly say I would not build our solenoids any other way than the way we build them.

What a lot of people don't realize is that we custom spec solenoids for custom applications as well. We offer a lot more than what is on our web site.

Dave
Old 06-25-2012, 09:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does Nitrous Outlet buy from Peter Paul for solenoids or from Parker for solenoids?

Or neither?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Custom spec noids vs off the shelf... Reason for it and advantages?
Old 06-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12
This^
Old 06-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more than likely the main advantage is a bigger orifice that you can get a custom one with
Old 06-26-2012, 09:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Does Nitrous Outlet buy from Peter Paul for solenoids or from Parker for solenoids?

Or neither?
To be honest with you we have so many companies watching us that we make sure not to discuss who we have machining anything we out source to have made to our specs. We would rather keep them wondering.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by lemons12
As with anything you can use cheaper materials and cheaper machining techniques to lower the cost of a final product.

A company that understands flow design, reliability, and quality can design a product to perform in the manner that they feel is best to work in conjunction with there product line in the real world race environment.

On many of our custom direct ports and custom systems we spec out different solenoids. We do this because in many cases a different solenoid may be required to perform better in that environment.

Our solenoids are built using what we feel was the best way. Not what kept the price down so we can make more profit margin.

Dave
Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
To be honest with you we have so many companies watching us that we make sure not to discuss who we have machining anything we out source to have made to our specs. We would rather keep them wondering.
Sneaky sneaky
Old 06-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
As with anything you can use cheaper materials and cheaper machining techniques to lower the cost of a final product.

A company that understands flow design, reliability, and quality can design a product to perform in the manner that they feel is best to work in conjunction with there product line in the real world race environment.

On many of our custom direct ports and custom systems we spec out different solenoids. We do this because in many cases a different solenoid may be required to perform better in that environment.

Our solenoids are built using what we feel was the best way. Not what kept the price down so we can make more profit margin.

Dave
So you would probably spec a different solenoid if a progressive was being used. Do NANO systems have anything to do with it as well?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im gonna go with nitrous outlet. Zex has sent me two bad defective boxes and im tired of their crap. And its not hooked up wrong either! lol
Old 07-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
So you would probably spec a different solenoid if a progressive was being used. Do NANO systems have anything to do with it as well?
All of our solenoids that are made are appropriate for use with a progressive controller regardless of custom or off the shelf and the Nano has nothing to do with the specing of the noids but does have a lot to do with the jetting of the kit.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
All of our solenoids that are made are appropriate for use with a progressive controller regardless of custom or off the shelf and the Nano has nothing to do with the specing of the noids but does have a lot to do with the jetting of the kit.
Got ya!

Quick Reply: Quality Solenoids