Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the best Direct Port kit and why? TNT maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whats the best Direct Port kit and why? TNT maybe?

you guys talked me into it
I have decided to sell my almost new NX single nossle kit to buy a new direct port since I want to spray around a 250-300 shot and maybe a 400 shot

TNT vs NX vs NOS who should I go with and why? Are any of these easier to install or better quailty?

And who has the best deals on them? Also this would mean I would need hugh injectors now right, 60lb's? I dont know much about DP systems so I could use some help
also NOS/NX has a new nozzle kit or something like that any feedback on that?

TIA

Last edited by SStroked 410; 03-31-2004 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

also which one looks the cleanest? I have seen a few pictures of some kits that look like a damn spider web all over the engine bay

feel free to post pictures
Old 03-31-2004, 10:41 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

First off, with a direct port wet kit no injectors upgrades will be required. You'll need to supply fuel with your nitrous. You can do a stand alone fuel system like mine and many others. Or you can go with a high pressure setup using either a single or dual intank pump. There are a few variations of that you could try. Here's my writeup on my fuel system. http://www.derty.org/?body=Installs&content=directport

As far as nitrous kits go, I would personally be comfortable running either NX or NOS. I'm less inclined to do a TNT setup only because there is a very small niche crowd that uses it. When you are at a race and you need parts, NX and NOS parts are found just about anywhere. Plus there are a lot more people in the grand scheme of things that understand the workings of the other two brands outside of this forum. If that's worth anything to you, take it into consideration.

As far as the jets go, each are rather similar. The spaghetti, as you put it, is really up to how well you do your plumbing. Personally I think the hardlines are a nasty rat trap. I ended up using -3 PTFE lines for mine instead.

It definitely makes jet changes easier. But it's a lot more expensive to do (about $25 per line X 16 lines).
Old 04-01-2004, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

thanks Derty

what do you guys think of the new NXL NOZZLE SYSTEM? I can get one for a pretty good deal and I dont have to drill or anything in my LS6 manifold
Old 04-01-2004, 08:02 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The NXL system is rather bling but still very new. If you want to spray as much as you are looking at I would seriously consider something a little more mainstream in the real nozzle department. The drilling and tapping is quite easy, just takes nerves of steel and some patience. The NXL is definitely nicely packaged. But that packaging is also what may restrict it in the high 300 to 400 HP range. No one has ever really done it. I really wouldn't want to be the first, that's for sure. I'm pretty sure if you called up NX you would likely get the same answer. Especially from some of their guys like John Phillips who you'll see at a lot of larger races throughout the country.