Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200-250 shot questions...which fuel pump and which nitrous setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 10:14 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Vince, only your tuning will let you know if you are running out of pump or injector. I just don't know where that is for a dry setup. If the FI guys are doing it, I would expect that you would have very similar fueling requirements on both the injector sizing and the fuel pump that they would. Question is, what does Futral think?
Old 04-07-2004, 06:21 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DERTY
Vince, only your tuning will let you know if you are running out of pump or injector. I just don't know where that is for a dry setup. If the FI guys are doing it, I would expect that you would have very similar fueling requirements on both the injector sizing and the fuel pump that they would. Question is, what does Futral think?
FMS think the injector size is fine at this point. If I use 383LQ4SS example my 42lb injectors are more than enough. I have seen a 300 dry shot go through those 42lb injectors and dyno over 700rwhp with a Walbro 340 intank and a hotwire kit.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After examining all the options, I think I'm going to run a very rich dual stage 200 standard wet shot (100+100) for now until I can afford to upgrade to a dual stage direct port. I'll be replacing my ailing stock fuel pump w/ an intank Walbro 255lph, and then having a holley black out of the tank running to my fuel solenoid which will activate only when I'm on bottle (with a Holley fuel pressure regulator). I do feel a little safer having two strong pumps running.

Using the Ramchargers timing tricker, on the street I'll pull about 4 degrees of timing on the first 100 shot of the dual stage, and then another 4 degrees for the second 100 shot.

For the track I'll just put 100 octane in the tank and maybe run a little more timing.

Does that seem like an OK plan for now?
Old 04-12-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

and I also bought the voltage booster and hotwire kit as well....
Old 04-13-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by verbs
and I also bought the voltage booster and hotwire kit as well....
that seems like that could work, if you havent already put the intake in I would maybe think about doing a dual intank since you will already have the tank out but thats just me.

I am still kinda confused on how to run a 200-250 shot also since I already have a nx wet kit and walbro 340. Might do a 200 all dry 1 stage for now with the hotwire and blaster.

good luck

BTW anyone know how how to install the hotwire and blaster?
Old 04-13-2004, 04:20 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Vince, that sounds like a good plan. BTW, you won't be overly rich. That's what regulators are for. You'll just have a lot safer setup!
Old 04-14-2004, 04:52 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DERTY

Overall, the best part about larger pumps is you cannot have enough pump. The better your fuel system, the less posts we'll be making about how I just fugg'd up my ride! Just a thought.

Good advice That's why I opted to put a Magna Flow efi 600 pump in my car. That pump will hold 120 psi at the rail and is capable of supporting twice as much HP as I'll be making. I am also running a wet kit for the time being and just ran a -6 line straight from the regulator to the fuel noid. Not what I would consider a budget set-up, doing an entire fuel system can easily run up over 2k.

My advice is take the route you can afford now and only spray what your fuel system will handle. That might mean you have to wait awhile to start spraying a 250+ shot until you do the whole fuel system.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DOC OTIS
That's why I opted to put a Magna Flow efi 600 pump in my car.
DAMN, you spent ~$825.00 for that pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about taking a dual Racetronics intank setup and having one pump feed the injectors and the other feed the DP setup. This would mean running another regulator as well as 2 more fuel lines, and possibly a seperate switch for the DP pump, but it would make for a clean and quiet setup.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:33 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tim98TA
DAMN, you spent ~$825.00 for that pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya don't remind me Definitely overkill, but I don't like upgrading my upgrades. Not to mention the piece of mind I'll have when I start hosing it. I just wanted it simple - one pump that would handle whatever I throw at it

Quick Reply: 200-250 shot questions...which fuel pump and which nitrous setup?