Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water/Methanol injection

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water/Methanol injection

Hope this is in the right place. Maybe I should have posted in Fuel/Injection section? Sorry if I'm not where I should be!

Anyway, I'm thinking about purchasing a exhaust from a member, who also has a meth kit for sale. If the shop here doesn't have anything in-house I probably will.

But about the meth kit, I'm N/A for the time being although I'm built for boost, I just bought the car like a week ago. It put down 410rwhp in CO, and at my elevation should be putting upper 400's down.

I have been searching around and the consensus seems to be if you're putting down over 450, there is power and cooling benefits to be gained from a meth kit. Is this true? I don't know much about them. He tipped me off about his exhaust in the classifieds and I also stumbled across his meth kit, and it sounds like an easy and safe way to gain 20-30hp N/A and also be a little engine insurance?

Thanks for any advice, and sorry again if this isn't where it should be!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No way you will pick up 20-30hp if the car does not have the compression high enough to take advantage. Most cars do not pick up that much with water/meth on a streetable NA combo. But if you are going boost in the future and the kit fits into your build go for it. I would wait on the FI before I hooked it up however.

Quick Reply: Water/Methanol injection