Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test hits Carb'ed 408

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

You guys don't think even the lowest first gear available for a turbo glide(1.57) is still to high of a ratio for a small block?

I guess with a 4.10 or the 3.90 gear he has now it could work out nicely though. Less drop in between the 1-2 shift, less ratio off the starting line and it would probably help keep the engine in it's power band up top with a lower rear gear and the higher first gear ratio and in the 1:1 high gear ratio with a 3.90 or 4.10.

Turbo glides also have a stronger gear set in them also IIRC than a 1.69 or 1.80 first gear in a PG.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
One of the things I want to try.... Leave in 2nd, got a griner brake so I know it can be done.

Yeah Ron did the entire chassis of the car, the attention to detail is amazing and the fact that he is always around to share his experience is great. He taught me several things this weekend that would have taken me a while to figure out.
I dont think you would have a problem leaving in second. The tight converter + low numerical first gear ratio will make it a piggy until you start spraying more at it but you will have far less trouble getting off the starting line consistently. Ill pm you to a link I showed to my pops to get him to reverse his thinking.

Quick Reply: Test hits Carb'ed 408