Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

testing wet kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default testing wet kit

im getting ready to install my NX wet kit within a couple of weeks or so. it's a wet kit, will be jetting 150shot, WOT switch, msd digital switch, LNC 002. after i install everything how do i test it to make sure it is actually working? will i be able to notice it if i just do a few WOT pulls (one activated, one not activated). i will be running a AEM wideband so once i pull timing and make the run, my afr should become richer also, correct?

i know it might sounds stupid, but this will be my first ever nitrous install and use of nitrous.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

With 2 people: * Make sure nitrous bottle is closed or if wanting to test the nitorus too you will need to make sure the nitrous line to nozzle is off car tied to something to keep it from whipping around *

You can set the activation RPM'S to around 1500 and then have someone bring the car up and then manually press the micro switch and you should notice the car bog from the fuel. That will be the best way you can test it with the MSD unit.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
With 2 people: * Make sure nitrous bottle is closed or if wanting to test the nitorus too you will need to make sure the nitrous line to nozzle is off car tied to something to keep it from whipping around *

You can set the activation RPM'S to around 1500 and then have someone bring the car up and then manually press the micro switch and you should notice the car bog from the fuel. That will be the best way you can test it with the MSD unit.
This^^^

I usually do it that way.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do it the same way except keep engine off and set activation RPM to zero so all I have to do is press micros switch or if it's a drive by wire I set RPM to zero, and voltage to what ever I want (like 1.5v) and just press the pedal with engine off so I can hear the noids.