Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zex perimeter plate

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zex perimeter plate

I have a 402 ls3 headed setup, plan on running a zex perimeter plate setup on a ls3 intake with fast 92, any install ideas, and thoughts on how well it will work?
Old 10-07-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

I liked the big shot plate over the zex plate. I ran a 11.42 @ 116 with a 1.62 60' in a 4920lb extended cab truck with the bigshot plate
Old 10-08-2012, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

You should be on on the plate install. I would use what you have. I would just check the plugs to make sure that the your not getting one cylinder with more nitrous than the other.

Carb plates sometime have the tendency to hit some runners more than others. That is why we do spraybar setups that we can custom machine to hit the runners correctly with nitrous and fuel.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ZEX throttle body plates work decent however one draw back to the perimeter style throttle body plates is that it only has one inlet for fuel and one for nitrous so the nitrous has to expand all the way around the plate which makes the nitrous lose its cooling effect and makes the hit less. It also makes for a slightly longer lean spike do to the fact that the fuel has to do the same. That is why we stayed away from that design and with all of the ports at the top of the plate. Makes for a much harder hit and also maximizes the power you make per pound of nitrous you make, along with minimizing the lean spike.

Now this is a different story on our Carb plates because we feed both sides of the plate on our perimeter style plate.

If you ever need any advice or need a second opinion on your setup just let me know.

Trey
Old 10-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys for all the response!! Mike
Old 10-16-2012, 06:38 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
The ZEX throttle body plates work decent however one draw back to the perimeter style throttle body plates is that it only has one inlet for fuel and one for nitrous so the nitrous has to expand all the way around the plate which makes the nitrous lose its cooling effect and makes the hit less. It also makes for a slightly longer lean spike do to the fact that the fuel has to do the same. That is why we stayed away from that design and with all of the ports at the top of the plate. Makes for a much harder hit and also maximizes the power you make per pound of nitrous you make, along with minimizing the lean spike.

Now this is a different story on our Carb plates because we feed both sides of the plate on our perimeter style plate.

If you ever need any advice or need a second opinion on your setup just let me know.

Trey
I was looking into the perimeter plate a while back because of its even distribution. If I was going to do a plate kit, isn't this the best one because of the spray pattern? The other plates do not look very even.

Quick Reply: Zex perimeter plate