Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooking up...BFG Radials Vs. M/T Sportsman "I"

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooking up...BFG Radials Vs. M/T Sportsman "I"

I recently posted a message entitled "estimated e.t & mph", and have an additional related question with regard to traction & tires.

I currently have BFG Drag Radials 275/40/17, and recently bought a set of Weld or Centerline type 15 x 8 wheels (Sendel) on eBay for $150. The tires I am considering are M/T Sportsman "I", MTT-1578 N50-15 27.6 O.D. 11.8 Tread Width. M/T reports (not surprisingly) that this tire will be far superior to the BFG DR's. They applicable to both the strip and street, and are DOT approved. I'd appreciate any thoughts on the BFG DR's I have vs. the M/T "I", or any other selection you may recommend. As mentioned in the one response to my "e.t & mph" post, traction is likely to be an issue with about 500 NA HP & 900 HP with N2O (both at the block). RWHP is estimated at in excess of 700. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

FoFo
'96 Corvette Grand Sport "clone" 454 Big Block
Old 06-13-2002, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Hooking up...BFG Radials Vs. M/T Sportsman "I"

I think the M/T Sportsman would be your best bet. I have BFG Drag Radials but I dont have 700HP yet.. I dont have any probs hooking up with mine, but my car is still pretty much stock with the exception of a few mods.

98 Z28 FTRA, K&N, Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, and BFG drag radials.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Hooking up...BFG Radials Vs. M/T Sportsman "I"

I had the I blocks on my L88 Chevelle(769rwhp) and they sucked. I switched to M&H Racemasters and they hook really well on the street. Of course they are no Hoosier slicks, but for the street I use them, and the track- the Hoosiers