Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Nos setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Nos setup questions

Ok guys I need some opinions. The setup is a cam only, bolt on 01 ss. The NOS set up is a dual fogger (nos), NOS cheater noids, and a low pressure standalone set at 6.5 psi through the jets c16 in the tank. Currently jetted to be conservative 42n and 46f. Car also has a dyno tune progressive box. Also running br7ef plugs.
Timing is set on 24 degrees , NA TUNE was set on 30.
So my question is this, I am thinking of flipping the jets and what are some of the tuning changes that I should make?? What are your opinions on doing this?

Last edited by flathaulin; 10-09-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

78 views and not one reply. Really, I thought the purpose of these forums was to help each other. I understand I may have a high post count, but I have learned a lot of valuable information from this site. I have been a member for 4 years since I bought my SS. Is there some reason why people get screened on this site as I see it all the time.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything in your setup sound like it will work perfectly but I am not 100% sure on the jetting for the NOS stuff off the top of my head. I will look into trying to get you some info on the jet sizes in the morning. Are you running two single nozzles in the air tube? If not how are you introducing it into the engine. Also what size HP are you trying to shoot for?

Trey
Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply. The goal for the time being would be a 150-175 rwhp shot. Going by robbietherobot.com if I flipped my jets it would be right in the ballpark. My dad has raced nitrous/turbo motorcycles for 30+years and has lots of experience with it. I just feel that the way he has it jetted is just to be conservative. But C16 itself is a heck of a buffer as it will take a lot of abuse. It has 2 nos fogger nozzles in the bellow.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

It looks to be that you will be real close. It seems that you might be closer to the 175 hit.

You might be able to get a little timing back in the car especially since you are looking to run C16
Old 10-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

With 6.5 pounds and 4+spread on the fuel, isn't that pretty fat? I am no expert, I am just setting up my latest system now and have been doing a lot of reading.

But most of the guys on the bullet are at 5.5 pounds and smaller fuel jet than nitrous jet. Also, when I asked about a 150 shot, they said I should pull 8 degrees of timing and work back up from there to be safe.

You might ask Monte Smith and Mike Thermos over there in the Bullet Nitrous section their recommendations.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it does seem like it would be on the fat side of a tune at least compared to our setups even at 6 psi. Now it may need the larger fuel jet to compensate for a small fuel passage in the nozzle itself but I still think that it would be very rich with that spread.

On our tune up you would be looking at 41 nitrous jet and a 35 fuel jet and that would be at 5 psi flowing fuel pressure. That would put you at 75 hp per nozzle.

To do 175hp i would recommend a 46 nitrous and a 40 on the fuel and that would put you an 90hp per nozzle.

Now these are just recommendations for you to go by.

As far as the timing goes you will want to pull the correct amount of timing which I always recommend 2 steps for every 50 hp worth of nitrous you are going to spray, but with running the c16 you should be able to put it back in slowly but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Trey
Old 10-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks to those who replied. I will give it a try and see if its what I was looking for.

Quick Reply: New Nos setup questions