Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

general nitrous questions on ls2 vette

Old 10-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default general nitrous questions on ls2 vette

I've got an ls2 vette. Stock everything. No mods, only engine monitoring is efi live. I have an nx wet kit (shark nozzle) I've been dieing to put on. Gonna fab up my own safe cell dedicated to the nitrous.
1.do I have to have an efi fuel pump on cell.
2.do I spray before or after mass air (feel stupid for asking this)
3.would it be better to have a timing tuner to adjust from in car for daily driver app vs a tune with pulled timing.
4.ppl tell me not to spray over 125 cause the intakes don't like it, this makes me sad (want to spray 150-175)
5.how low of rpm should I hit it with 125+ shot.
6. What more safety considerations should I look into?
I think these engines can handle a lot in stock form as long as tune, and right measures are taken.
7. Shark nozzle or nx plate? Does it matter?
Old 10-09-2012, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

why exactly are you making a fuel cell for a 150ish shot?

2. after MAF if using a wet kit
3. you can pull timing when you arm the system if you wire a relay in with the IAT sensor
4. never heard that about the intakes, so no input there
5. bring it in at 3k+
6. there is a list here somewhere. cant really be too safe
7. plate > nozzle, but for the size shot you are looking for, a nozzle is fine
Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

you dont want the nitrous to have to travel too far after it leaves the nozzle or it can warm up, so the closer the better to the intake manifold, but you dont want to spray your maf with fuel.
ive heard of 200 shots sprayed into these engines by some ballsy people without a problem, if there was a problem i doubt it would be the intake.
to my knowledge if you always run with pulled timing it will foul out your plugs quicker since its tuned for nitrous which obviously it wont always be running with, although i could be wrong. so id say timing tuner
Old 10-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by derekbuckner1
why exactly are you making a fuel cell for a 150ish shot?

2. after MAF if using a wet kit
3. you can pull timing when you arm the system if you wire a relay in with the IAT sensor
4. never heard that about the intakes, so no input there
5. bring it in at 3k+
6. there is a list here somewhere. cant really be too safe
7. plate > nozzle, but for the size shot you are looking for, a nozzle is fine
Reason for the cell is I live in a po-dunk town and can't get good fuel. Plan on buying vp 105-110 to run in the cell. A couple tuners said they haven't had to pull any timing @125 shot.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by droccm98
you dont want the nitrous to have to travel too far after it leaves the nozzle or it can warm up, so the closer the better to the intake manifold, but you dont want to spray your maf with fuel.
ive heard of 200 shots sprayed into these engines by some ballsy people without a problem, if there was a problem i doubt it would be the intake.
to my knowledge if you always run with pulled timing it will foul out your plugs quicker since its tuned for nitrous which obviously it wont always be running with, although i could be wrong. so id say timing tuner
I see. I had a few people tell me that the ls intakes don't atomize bigger shots well... I think I will do the plate conversion because it looks like a pain to run a nozzle
Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well as far as using the standalone if you run 110 you probably will not have to pull any timing at even a 150hp shot i know i don't have to in my personal truck even on a 100 degree evening. You also don't have to run EFI pressure if you don't want to but it does help a little to have the higher pressures if you use the nozzle. If you need any jet recommendations give me a call and we can go over it

The manifold i haven't heard of very many complainants of it not atomizing very well but there may be some other variables we don't know about with the people who said they haven't had very good luck. I know we have sprayed 200hp on a bone stock c5 corvette with a ls1 in it with perfect distribution using one of our MAF housing systems.

If you are interested in switching to a plate give me a call and we can work something out for you.

Trey
Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by zayne0
I've got an ls2 vette. Stock everything. No mods, only engine monitoring is efi live. I have an nx wet kit (shark nozzle) I've been dieing to put on. Gonna fab up my own safe cell dedicated to the nitrous.
1.do I have to have an efi fuel pump on cell.
2.do I spray before or after mass air (feel stupid for asking this)
3.would it be better to have a timing tuner to adjust from in car for daily driver app vs a tune with pulled timing.
4.ppl tell me not to spray over 125 cause the intakes don't like it, this makes me sad (want to spray 150-175)
5.how low of rpm should I hit it with 125+ shot.
6. What more safety considerations should I look into?
I think these engines can handle a lot in stock form as long as tune, and right measures are taken.
7. Shark nozzle or nx plate? Does it matter?
1. No you dont have to fun EFI fuel pump. Honestly most fuel cells are regulated to run high or low pressure. Some food for thought. On low pressure it is easier to make fuel pressure change to dial in you AFR. You will not have to do as many get changes to dial in pressure.

2. On a wet you are looking at spraying after MAF. If you stay with a nozzle you want to stay within 3-4 inches on the throttle body.

3. You call on pulling timing. The lingerfelter lnc2000 is nice because you can have it only pull the timing when the system is activated. This in turn allows you to run max N/A timing around town and when not using nitrous on the track.

4. You will be fine feeding 150-175 HP threw the intake. You will get better atomization with a plate over a nozzle.

5. You want to start spraying at or above 3000 rpm. Spraying to low will cause excessive load on your motor.

6. One thing that you might want to look into is a window switch. This will simplify execution of nitrous. Plus it can save your motor just in case you hit the fuel cut at the RPM limiter.

7. The nozzle can do the amount you are looking to spray.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: general nitrous questions on ls2 vette