Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet or Dry Shot....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Wet or Dry Shot....

So I've read up on all the info for spray. & I found a local guy that I might be trading my LS6 intake to for his dry nitrous kit. But after reading & having people highly suggest going with a wet kit, now I'm a little nervous & confused on what I should do. I've never used spray before or know to much about it. So that's where I heard would be best to go the dry shot way.. But also heard its more dangerous for something to go wrong & my engine go boom.. If anyone can give me some more incite Id appreciate it!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nitrous is a safe as you make it in either application. A dry kit is simple and effective but does not add any fuel so make sure your fuel system is up to the task like pump, rail, injectors. If anyone fails you'll have a bad day. With a dry you cant have a nitrous backfire in the intake because there is no added fuel to puddle up. Ive heard mixed opinions on tuning for a dry shot. Some say you wont need one if you spray before the maf sensor because it'll compensate extra fuel others say its mandatory and kind of tricky to tune. Most people say do not spray above a 100 shot on a dry system.

With a wet kit fuel is mixed with the nitrous in the intake. If using a nozzle this could cause puddling and cause a backfire. A plate it a way to help against this but doesnt make it impossible to occur. Since a wet system adds fuel in from the rail your stock injectors wont have to up the duty cycle so with a good fuel pump the rest of your fuel system can handle it. A wet kit also allows room for growth either just upping the jets or going to a dual stage etc.

safety features like a window, wot, and a fuel pressure safety switch give you some peice of mind incase something does fail. Which ever route you go you'll need to run colder plugs everyone here recommends br7ef's and with any application a tune should be a priority regardless of what you read.

I myself am a nitrous noob as well. I installed a wet kit with a lot of help from the guys on here so if i missed anything Im sure theyll contribute.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright for sure thanks!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 PM
11 Second Club

I'm a big fan of Dry kits.. have a look at my old post from 2009... maybe it can help
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...896&highlight=
Old 02-04-2013, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

With a dry setup, you will want to make sure that you have a good tuner that knows how to tune for dry shots. Dry shots require more tuning since you are needing the injectors spray enough fuel for the nitrous.

Both are equally as safe. One of the biggest safety features that you can add to a nitrous system is a Window Switch. This will keep you from spraying to low in the rpm (under 3000) which can cause nitrous back fires. The window switch will also help you from hitting the fuel cut on the upper RPM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

I like the wet shot system I got for my gto, very easy to install, tuning was fairly easy. Just make sure you do everything according to what you are running! That is the most important thing to look at.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good info guys appreciate it! Can you tell me a little more about the window switch?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's sooo much info about this stuff B. There's hours of reading in this section
Old 02-04-2013, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Window switch is exactly what it says. It provides a window for the nitrous to activate in the rpm range. You set a low rpm and the window switch will not allow the nitrous to activate until the engine speed reaches that set rpm and a high setting that deactivates nitrous if you say miss a shift or hit the rev limiter. I have a msd digital very good and easy unit to use.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
There's sooo much info about this stuff B. There's hours of reading in this section
"Ain't nobody got time for that"

Originally Posted by k_garretson23
Window switch is exactly what it says. It provides a window for the nitrous to activate in the rpm range. You set a low rpm and the window switch will not allow the nitrous to activate until the engine speed reaches that set rpm and a high setting that deactivates nitrous if you say miss a shift or hit the rev limiter. I have a msd digital very good and easy unit to use.
Ight got it... Any good sites to get one. The only thing missing from the kit I'm getting
Old 02-05-2013, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i picked up mine used with some otherstuff for 80$ on ebay. Look around in the sales section the pop up frequently. If youre looking for new most of our sponsors carry some version of one.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by k_garretson23
i picked up mine used with some otherstuff for 80$ on ebay. Look around in the sales section the pop up frequently. If youre looking for new most of our sponsors carry some version of one.
Alright cool so something like this would be ok? Everything else I've seen is in the hundreds...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/su...FQfhQgodNH0A8A
Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Link is broken. Search around the classifieds I see them very frequently for 100 or less.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Worked for me? but for sure ill look around! Thanks

Quick Reply: Wet or Dry Shot....