8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320king
what rear gear is on it?
410's
Old 04-23-2013, 03:13 PM
8 second mod

[QUOTE=Martin@Tick;17329806]He's always beating his chest about his "stock" motor. I wouldn't take anything he says to heart. Remember our discussion we had at the track that night?

What I find funny is he said that, but yet his 427 cubic inch STROKER engine with 50 hp +- nitrous to the amount of nitrous as your 347 has seen, only went two tenths faster than you.... Or how about his 402 going SLOWER than your 347.[/QU

look your not talking to an idiot, i know its not "easy" to do, what im saying is if a stock motor, stock heads car at 3300 pounds can run 9.3 or 9.2 then a solid roller alum rod lighter car with the right people behind it should be no problem to run those numbers. i know it isnt easy, ive chased numbers for years, i know what goes into it. its not easy. i feel that with you guys going out and running these numbers right off the bat can happen then with time and more tuning it should not be a problem for you guys to run those numbers. it was more a compliment to you guys.
do you see it being a problem? i would think not?

as for martin
remember i did it 10 years ago with a stock computer andls1 edit and hp tuners in the car. lol i did it when people said you spin to 8500 rpm? thats imposable.
also remember i did it when there was only a hand full of people running mid 9's and a couple people running 8's
beating my chest about my stock motor? how did i beat my chest about a stock motor? i think i proved what a little technology can do over the years. hell in 02 or 03 i think it was i went 9.4 with a full built 346 fancy heads big cams etc etc etc and could hardly make it down the track 2 times on a single set of head gaskets 3 or 4 years ago i stuffed a $400 stock ls1 with stock ls6 heads in the same car with half the amount of spray and the car went 9.3 and its still running. i drive it on the street on 93 octain.
if you want to be an *** about it and say my 427 only went 2 tenths faster then ill say your fully built solid roller $15,000 + motor with aftermarket computer etc etc only went 3 tenths faster then my $400 stock motor. thats pretty sad
Old 04-23-2013, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

It's not my motor, I just felt you were out of line as did others. Carry on.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:52 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
It's not my motor, I just felt you were out of line as did others. Carry on.
maybe it was taken out of context. i ment that these guys came out hard right out of the gate they should have no problem hitting there numbers.
i didnt mean toss together a alum rod solid roller and run 8's, its easy. maybe i said it wrong
Old 04-23-2013, 05:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Noyzee
maybe it was taken out of context. i ment that these guys came out hard right out of the gate they should have no problem hitting there numbers.
i didnt mean toss together a alum rod solid roller and run 8's, its easy. maybe i said it wrong
Thadd has been going after these E.T. much longer than you know. He has had this set-up together for a year now and had been kind of at a stand still until he hooked up with Jeff Rhodes from Mayhem Motorsports in Durham. Jeff is an awesome tuner that has taken the time to help Thadd accomplish what he has along with the rest of the guys at Mayhem.

Nothing has come overnight, nothing was handed to him and nothing happened out of the gate.

I don't care if you have Gene Fulton on your side, you're not going to "come out of the gates" and hit your goals unless your The Bruders, Dean Marinis, Martin Connely, Justin Smith etc. etc. Guys that have worked on it for a while quite like Thadd is for himself.

I just feel it is out of line to say "it's easy" to a guy when you haven't done it yourself. That's all.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:46 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Thadd has been going after these E.T. much longer than you know. He has had this set-up together for a year now and had been kind of at a stand still until he hooked up with Jeff Rhodes from Mayhem Motorsports in Durham. Jeff is an awesome tuner that has taken the time to help Thadd accomplish what he has along with the rest of the guys at Mayhem.

Nothing has come overnight, nothing was handed to him and nothing happened out of the gate.

I don't care if you have Gene Fulton on your side, you're not going to "come out of the gates" and hit your goals unless your The Bruders, Dean Marinis, Martin Connely, Justin Smith etc. etc. Guys that have worked on it for a while quite like Thadd is for himself.

I just feel it is out of line to say "it's easy" to a guy when you haven't done it yourself. That's all.
i never said it was "easy"

here is what i said.
"alum rod solid roller set up should run 8's no problem at all as long as the rest of the combo works."

which i ment that it sounds like his combo is working well and it should be capable to run the numbers he is looking for. thats all.

as for not doing it myself, please remember when my car went 9.0 i think there had been 3 or 4 other ls1 n2o cars in the world that had run 8's on spray. when i went 8.x i was in the top 10 fastest lsx cars known. tuff, east side, shiz, wade etc, there was only a few of us with the 8 second mark way back when i used to really push myself. so please dont tell me what i have and have not done. ive been in thadds seat before. trust me, i have a t shirt or 2

im glad he is doing well and i wish him luck in the future and im sure they will continue to go faster
Old 04-24-2013, 03:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn. 20000 posts. when do you have time to race.

Quick Reply: Record has been broke!