Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help choosing Heads + Cam + safety equip to go with TNT 150 shot

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002 | 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Default Need help choosing Heads + Cam + safety equip to go with TNT 150 shot

Hey Everyone

I was planning on purchasing an ATI kit for my 2001 m6 Z28 however, I am on a limited budget.

I thought I would instead go for a heads/cam combo + TNT 150 shot with a fule system upgrade and safety equipment for less money. The car is mostly a street car and not taken to the track often. The drive train is already upgraded so it can handel the power. I have researched different head / cam combos but I am looking for other people opinions on what I should do. I am also looking to purchase a Honda CBR 600 f4, so that is limiting my budget to some extent.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I should make more power with the heads/cam and 150 shot then the ATI could produce correct? The pirce of 6000 for the blower and another 2500 for heads / cam is getting expensive for a street toy. Will the engine be able to handel that kind of power provided computer tuning is done with fule upgrade? Also what safety equipment do I need other then a window switch and fule cut off? I know the risks of running nitrous and I do not want to buy another motor 6 months from now.

1. what heads / cam should I get? ( like loopy ones needs to pass VA emissions)
2. What safety equipment should I get (even over kill items)?
3. What fule system upgrade?

Sincerely
Ian

<small>[ September 20, 2002, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: badz2801 ]</small>
Old 09-20-2002 | 06:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: Need help choosing Heads + Cam + safety equip to go with TNT 150 shot

Ian...for what Heads and cam to get...check out the internal mod section. There are some great H&C things happening right now. My only advice would be to stick with a well known head porter.

Safety equipmment availabe: fuel pressure safety switch, window switch, Ramchargers timing contoller for larger shots.

A walbro 255 lph intank should be able to handle what you need.
Old 09-20-2002 | 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Need help choosing Heads + Cam + safety equip to go with TNT 150 shot

Thanks for the suggestion..

Do you think the engine will hold up to a h/c combo with a 150 shot?
Old 09-20-2002 | 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

BadZ- I would go with a stage 2 H/C combo. You really want to go with a quality shop though, because you do get what you pay for! I would go with(in no order, they all are great shops): MTI, ARE, CARTEK, FUTRAL, GTP, JPE, Raging, and MMS.. With any of these shop's stage 2 H/C combos will net you at least 400RWHP. Depending on the cam you choose and your exhaust set-up(also get a LS6 intake and a cold air set-up), some of these packages have produced 430+RWHP. My ARE combo netted 414RWHP(keep in mind thats with a 12 bolt and 4.10s, chrome ZR1s w/315 tires- REALLY heavy!!! If I had my 10 bolt, 3.42s and stock wheel/tire set-up I would be closer to 440RWHP. With the TnT 150 though you WILL be pushing the limit on your bottom end. I hear the bottom end is at its limit at 550RWHP. I would use maybe 75-100 shot. That would easily run low 11s to mid 10s pending track. You need a WOT switch or TPS switch, fuel pressure switch, bottle warmer, change plugs to NGK-TR6 plaugs gapped at .035(I think), window switch and guages. With the H/C package you will need an intake fuel pump too. Always run A-tap. I am sure I missed a few things, so come on guys chime in here!