Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning and spraying a dry shot using an IAT resistor and momentary switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning and spraying a dry shot using an IAT resistor and momentary switch

I'm trying to figure out if this is feasible and if anyone has done it and can help with a wiring diagram.

I would like to add a resistor to my IAT wires that, at the push of a momentary button, would send a signal to the ECU that the IAT temp is something at the far cold end of the spectrum, like 20*F. Then in the tune, that 20*F value will have X* of timing pulled out, and add the fuel needed for the dry shot (I assume this fuel part is possible? I know you can do timing). I would also want the dry nitrous shot to spray off the same momentary button.

Ideal scenario is that the car runs exactly the same whether the nitrous is armed or not. The only change occurs when the button is pressed and the IAT reading flips to the other part of the tune and the nitrous sprays while the tune is in the '20*F' range.

The biggest questions I have are: 1 - will the tune change fast enough to work like this? 2 - can you control fuel based on IAT readings? 3 - is there any issuse controlling both the IAT resistor and the nitrous selenoid off the same button?

I don't plan on spraying that much, and if I do, probably only in 1 gear, so having it on the button seems like the easiest option.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

Jeff, your tuner should be able to do the "resister" trick and use tables B1213 and B5107 to achieve fueling and spark retard for a small dry shot. Sorry for the rough sketch, but you can get the idea.

Last edited by JoeyGC5; 04-18-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
Jeff, your tuner should be able to do the "resister" trick and use tables B1213 and B5107 to achieve fueling and spark retard for a small dry shot. Sorry for the rough sketch, but you can get the idea.

Aren't pins 87 and 87a mislabeled?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by backchannel
Aren't pins 87 and 87a mislabeled?
Whoops, I think so, thats why I said a "rough sketch"

Quick Reply: tuning and spraying a dry shot using an IAT resistor and momentary switch