Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your thoughts on this Nitrous kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What are your thoughts on this Nitrous kit?

I was thinking about adding some nitrous to the TA in the next few months.. i was think a tnt kit but i saw this in a magazine what do you guys think about the zex kit? http://www.powerandperformancenews.c...&Store_Code=ZX
Old 04-23-2004, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking along the same lines, and would be interested in hearing if anyone has experience with this kit as well. Well, the Camaro kit for me.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will be bias and say go with TNT

I've never really looked into a Zex kit before, but it will not hit as hard as a TNT or NX kit will
Old 04-23-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

i used a zex dry kit on a mustang i used to have its kind of like the fischer price version of n2o...u know "my first nitrous kit". very easy set up. my stang kit came with a control module and i believe the ones for gm cars does too. only issue with it...dumbasses didnt make it water proof...i stupidly put it under the hood and it fried itself after a few rain showers.

other than that...its a dry kit of course its not going to hit as hard as nx or tnt but if you are just getting into nitrous id recommended it. I loved mine but i did eventually give it up for a direct port nx kit for my mustang. im currently using the nos dry kit on my camaro, the 125 shot hits pretty hard. I love it.
YOu cannot beat the ease of install though, you really cannot.
good luck hopefully that helped some...
Old 04-23-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea, well this kit is a wet kit.. i do like the ease of installation and thats why im leaning towards it.. ill probally end up going for it sometime in the summer... i just wanna get some more feedback on it
Old 04-24-2004, 02:50 AM
Staging Lane

wet kit? i don't thinks so.. why do you think that? correct me if im wrong. I read the ZEX kit as a dry, complicated version of the NOS 5177 kit.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28viperkiller
wet kit? i don't thinks so.. why do you think that? correct me if im wrong. I read the ZEX kit as a dry, complicated version of the NOS 5177 kit.
go to the link i provided, trust me it is a wet kit.. the module has 2 lines running through it. fuel and nitrous
Old 04-24-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

ZEX makes a wet and a dry kit. I would not recommend it honestly. I had a ZEX kit for my first kit and it seemed like sometimes it hit good and sometimes it didn't even though they say it will regulate how much it sprays for the bottle pressure. I think the solenoid in the box just crapped out or something. I use a Compucar plate kit now on my LT1 and I love it. I would suggest NX or TNT if you are going to spend the money do it right.
Old 04-24-2004, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the new kit from ZEX is a wet kit, I was also wondering if this little box would regulate the mix as well as say a bottle heater?
Old 04-24-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

i think that kit wouldn't go over 125 shot ,,nx and tnt 150 +
get a TNT or NX
Old 04-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Teching In

part number is 82023.it is a wet kit.i am running this kit on a 100 shot.i can't tell you the a/f ratio because there is not a wide band dyno in my area.i can tell you it is easy to install 3 wire hook up.ground,hot and tps.my stock plugs look fine.you will know when you go wot !.i cant give you a track time as of yet.i work nights and am unable to make it test and tune.i can tell you that and 03 cobra with a 4 lb pulley ,jdm chip and exaust did not give me any problem on the street.now i got two 03 cobra kills.my car is stock and has a a4 trans. my only mod is the purple bottle.you have to keep bottle presure at 900psi or better for kit to work right a bottle heater is a must or you will have the problem camaro was talking about.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackws6-02
part number is 82023.it is a wet kit.i am running this kit on a 100 shot.i can't tell you the a/f ratio because there is not a wide band dyno in my area.i can tell you it is easy to install 3 wire hook up.ground,hot and tps.my stock plugs look fine.you will know when you go wot !.i cant give you a track time as of yet.i work nights and am unable to make it test and tune.i can tell you that and 03 cobra with a 4 lb pulley ,jdm chip and exaust did not give me any problem on the street.now i got two 03 cobra kills.my car is stock and has a a4 trans. my only mod is the purple bottle.you have to keep bottle presure at 900psi or better for kit to work right a bottle heater is a must or you will have the problem camaro was talking about.
Thanks for the feedback.. im not gunna rush into a kit though ill prob just end up getting one towards the end of the summer