Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Systems: Who is better

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 04:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
But Andy was not far off from your time with a LS6 intake and 78mm plate VS the fast intake, bigger throttle body, better headers etc. It just took alittle more air into the motor for him to shine.
and you are right, and Andy is a good friend and it runs damn good, but remember I went 5.87 119 on 8.5's at 3300lbs at 2500ft Da, with stock castings and a FAST so he isnt quite there yet. Soon enough he will, and Ive told him that!

Two ways to skin a cat right?
Old 07-16-2013, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Nitrous Outlet is where it's at hands down. I used to run Nitrous Express, but very
glad I switched over to NO. Here is a fine example of their artwork....

Old 07-16-2013, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

fwiw, when i called nitrous outlet, a human being answered the phone first try. thats worth its weight in gold these days. answered my question in 30 seconds.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See my Signature , It says NitrousOutlet .
Old 07-16-2013, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camscam02
My reason is your last statement, "Proven plate system that has gone low 9's in a camaro."

And everybody has their opinion and so do I. My opinion means just as much as the next guy so take it for what its worth.
...and the same NX valves from the car you did it with has my car closing in on 150mph w/200 shot. To be fair, I will be testing a new NO valve soon too.
Your opinion is not opinion, its based on facts at the track, unlike most posters on this site.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Can't go wrong with Nitrous Outlet!!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:29 AM
Launching!

uhhhhhh....

Im biased ofcourse, Id put Nitrous express at the top of that. Anyways, to the orginal poster, do a search on the different companies in here and you will find your answer.
I remember when I use to be on here beforehand, a lot of guys was using NX Express. My how times changed...

Originally Posted by 04lsxtreme
They are all good and can meet your goals but after speaking with a few already mentioned in this thread, Nitrous outlet had the best customer service hands down. Even after I told them I was mid build and would not be purchasing a kit for another year the guy I was talking to on the phone had no problem discussing all my questions and concerns until I had a solid plan outlined. I was treated like a top paying customer and had yet to spend a dime. As far as im concerned customer service is everything, and it is the only way to compare different vendors offering the same product before making a large investment.
That is true. It will be nice if CS was great from the companies. Glad to hear you are having a good experience. I'll start checking them out!

Originally Posted by Ryan@Lingenfelter
Nitrous Outlet! Their products are great and the customer service is even better.
If Other venders saying this then I must take a look at them hhahaha!

Originally Posted by Zlow28
I would go Nitrous Outlet hands down. Theres a few threads in here that make me steer away from NX.
What stuff have you heard?

Hahaha just having a good ole time. My stuff is broke so no need to worry about me for awhile.

There are many great companies out there, that many people on here have never even heard of. So just look around and see what works best for what you want. Thats the best advice I can give.
For Sure. I have yet to get my F-Body, but I'm planning early and getting back in the kick of things so I can plan my budgets and stuff like that!

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I don't care what Cam says! psssstttt, OP nitrous outlet
HAHAHHHAAHAH A

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
I wonder why you agree hahahaha

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
My choice would be Nitrous Outlet hands down. We use them for all our builds here at BMR Suspension and they are the only brand I will use for my personal cars. Dave and the guys over their are great to deal with.

Kyle
Their stuff must be really good. You are not the only vendor to say that here!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZL1LT1
Nitrous Outlet is where it's at hands down. I used to run Nitrous Express, but very
glad I switched over to NO. Here is a fine example of their artwork....

That looks like SEX!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 03:26 AM
On The Tree

What about NOS plate kit? Is it good? Is it bad? I have a kit that I haven't finished installing yet should I finish?
Old 07-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Induction Solutions, Nitrous Express, Nitrous Outlet, Monte Smith here. NX or Nitrous Outlet for most the newer style plate systems (90mm,102mm etc)

Last edited by Late Model Racecraft; 07-17-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Another vote for Nitrous Outlet. Great Tec support. All parts are well made.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just ordered a nitrous oulet kit a few days ago. I still need a few things before im off to the tuner but I cant wait to get it together and give it a try. This will be my first nitrous kit I ever had. Hopefully all will go well . I use a good tuner steering me in the right direction so we shall see.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BKsNHRA
I just ordered a nitrous oulet kit a few days ago. I still need a few things before im off to the tuner but I cant wait to get it together and give it a try. This will be my first nitrous kit I ever had. Hopefully all will go well . I use a good tuner steering me in the right direction so we shall see.
Nice! Take pics for us! Are you going to hide the bottle or have it exposed?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Anyone running Nitrous with a SC or TC? And what is the difference between having the "Wet System" installed by the Throttle or direct port? (Besides that Direct Port looks sexier?)
Old 07-18-2013, 04:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I know you are not going to une the nitrous on the dyno, correct? If you are going to Geoff, just let him do the motor tune if he hasnt already, then get a timing box to pull your own timing and tune it at the track.

Originally Posted by M-ManLA
Anyone running Nitrous with a SC or TC? And what is the difference between having the "Wet System" installed by the Throttle or direct port? (Besides that Direct Port looks sexier?)
A plate relies on the intake for distribution of the fuel and nitrous and LS intakes are not know for good distribution.

A direct port puts a nozzle on each intake runner so it take the distribution equation out. You can tune each cylinder to how you like.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=87silverbullet;17555273]I know you are not going to une the nitrous on the dyno, correct? If you are going to Geoff, just let him do the motor tune if he hasnt already, then get a timing box to pull your own timing and tune it at the track.

Geoff has something he want to do so when I arm the nitrous it will pull timing out for me. I'm not sure exactly but basically said ill have my tune I have now and flip the switch and I have the nitrous tune. I don't have many other details than that.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by M-ManLA
Nice! Take pics for us! Are you going to hide the bottle or have it exposed?
I might mount it in the spare tire compartment. I have a little time to decide. I still have to get a window switch and a few other items. When I get it in my hands ill see what I have to work with.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Geoff has something he want to do so when I arm the nitrous it will pull timing out for me. I'm not sure exactly but basically said ill have my tune I have now and flip the switch and I have the nitrous tune. I don't have many other details than that.
The only thing about that though is that you are stuck with the timing he puts in your nitrous tune. You can't change it unless you have tuning software.

So to tune the car its almost impossible without being able to touch the timing. Plus I like it to where the timing retard only happens when I hit the nitrous. So it stays on the motor timing until I hit the nitrous button.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Launching!

I might mount it in the spare tire compartment. I have a little time to decide. I still have to get a window switch and a few other items. When I get it in my hands ill see what I have to work with.
That's a Good spot!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

[QUOTE=BKsNHRA;17555696]
Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I know you are not going to une the nitrous on the dyno, correct? If you are going to Geoff, just let him do the motor tune if he hasnt already, then get a timing box to pull your own timing and tune it at the track.

I am pretty sure he is using the nitrous custom operating system with efi live. It allows the pcm to pull timing when you only spray so you can have a na tune and a nitrous tune.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Systems: Who is better