Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
You could have went 2.4s with the revo
Old 09-25-2013, 10:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave, with all due respect, you have to admit, the REVO is an awesome piece of equipment. Given same N20 jetting it may not have gone faster for the above application, but the ability to scale back a very large shot (talking much bigger than what your puck can deliver) to next to nothing, that is awesome.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The concept is a good idea. He has been trying to make it work for years now. I have yet to see it work as advertise. Controlling nitrous only is not that complicated. Controlling the nitrous and fuel together is the hard part.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Old School Heavy

The concept is a good idea. He has been trying to make it work for years now. I have yet to see it work as advertise. Controlling nitrous only is not that complicated. Controlling the nitrous and fuel together is the hard part.
Have you ever experimented with jetting at the solenoid as opposed to at the plate?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Have you ever experimented with jetting at the solenoid as opposed to at the plate?
Yes sir.. We set most of the spray bars and pucks up that way.
Dave
Old 09-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Old School Heavy

Yes sir.. We set most of the spray bars and pucks up that way.
Dave
Now you have piqued my interest. Now, with that said, do you get more control of large solenoid systems when using progressives? I find that my Cheater has very little control at settings down around 15-20% on the progressive. My reason for asking that question is that I was thinking I might solve that by jetting the solenoid instead. Does it work for that?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have found you gain control by having the correct size noid for the jet size. IE a .375 noid can not control a single 62 jet very well. a .125 noid will do that better. we also found a solid state relay does a better job of pulsing the noid than a cheepo relay.

you can get around eithe of these issues with working on it and controlling power with timing along with progressing the noid.

We had 2 102 jets on a dual spray bar plate run off daves .375 noid . so basically 1 kit spraying 600ish hp. we were able to make it work on dr's with 140* track temps and go low 1.2's
Old 09-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
We have found you gain control by having the correct size noid for the jet size. IE a .375 noid can not control a single 62 jet very well. a .125 noid will do that better. we also found a solid state relay does a better job of pulsing the noid than a cheepo relay.

you can get around eithe of these issues with working on it and controlling power with timing along with progressing the noid.

We had 2 102 jets on a dual spray bar plate run off daves .375 noid . so basically 1 kit spraying 600ish hp. we were able to make it work on dr's with 140* track temps and go low 1.2's
What I have it a Cheater plate kit that I am progressing a 63 jet. I have been fortunate that it softens the hit enough for a controlled launch. However, it is really obvious when trying to adjust the settings that I have very little control. As I increase the initial percentage from 15% upward, it hits much much harder. Also, I don't think I have a lot of control on the ramp speed either.

I am getting away with it now, but we will see what happens on a 73 -78 jet tunes.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Is it a 1.25 noid? If your losing control it could be the relay. basically the regular relays can't pulse fast enough so they stick on or off. a solid state digital relay is much faster and normally keeps up better. most progressives are not doing much below 20% and above 80%. in between you need to move in 15% incraments to see a difference. IMO.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
Is it a 1.25 noid? If your losing control it could be the relay. basically the regular relays can't pulse fast enough so they stick on or off. a solid state digital relay is much faster and normally keeps up better. most progressives are not doing much below 20% and above 80%. in between you need to move in 15% incraments to see a difference. IMO.
I have the newer model 16045 Super Pro Shot nitrous solenoid (Peter/Paul) with the teflon seals and a .110 orifice.

I am controlling it with this old school gimmick:

Old 11-01-2013, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Im sure calling everyone on yellow bullet a dumb *** helped his sales. I dont know anything about his product but his sales aproach could use some tweaking. Thanks for posting this up, im bored at work.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:26 PM
11 Second Club

He was on the GTO forums and asked a simple question about his product and all he could do is go on about bashing nitrous outlet in the email. I still didn't get much info on his product except more info (if you want to call it that) why the other competitors system is a "piece of ****". I've been thinking about running n2o for years and Nitrous Outlet has always been helpful with any questions I have had and never once bashed another's product. Trevor's email seemed like a jealous 2 year old fighting over a toy his parents never bought him. I'll stick to a company that has great customer service and even if his product would/is a little bit better it doesn't make up enough for how horrible his customer service is. I don't want a company that takes my money and runs but one that will be there when I have issues or questions.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

Yea Trevor had a thread up a while ago im sure alot of you guys read it. Ive been trying to learn a thing or two by reading in on the "Big Dogs" and the experienced users and stumbled over it and started reading the 50 pages of him explaining himself. I swear he has multiple accounts and he kept saying hes not going to advertise because hes not a sponsor but he pretty much advertised by typing a whole page of crap of why his product is so amazing and other things that seemed so far fetched i coudnt read it all. Thanks for posting this.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:59 AM
Launching!

Cool

Originally Posted by Canada
He was on the GTO forums and asked a simple question about his product and all he could do is go on about bashing nitrous outlet in the email. I still didn't get much info on his product except more info (if you want to call it that) why the other competitors system is a "piece of ****". I've been thinking about running n2o for years and Nitrous Outlet has always been helpful with any questions I have had and never once bashed another's product. Trevor's email seemed like a jealous 2 year old fighting over a toy his parents never bought him. I'll stick to a company that has great customer service and even if his product would/is a little bit better it doesn't make up enough for how horrible his customer service is. I don't want a company that takes my money and runs but one that will be there when I have issues or questions.
Which GTO forum ?

Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
Yea Trevor had a thread up a while ago im sure alot of you guys read it. Ive been trying to learn a thing or two by reading in on the "Big Dogs" and the experienced users and stumbled over it and started reading the 50 pages of him explaining himself. I swear he has multiple accounts and he kept saying hes not going to advertise because hes not a sponsor but he pretty much advertised by typing a whole page of crap of why his product is so amazing and other things that seemed so far fetched i coudnt read it all. Thanks for posting this.
I run the stuff and he's been good to me as far as customer service goes. I started a build thread documenting my own personal experiences on the Ls1gto.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:24 AM
TECH Resident

Ofcourse i cant speak from experience on anyones product but if i see someone act the way he does thats a no go for me. I wish i could remember the threads but i cant. Which setup are you running from him

[QUOTE="Blackbob;17853174"]

Which GTO forum ?

I run the stuff and he's been good to me as far as customer service goes. I started a build thread documenting my own personal experiences on the Ls1gto.[/QUOTE
Old 11-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
Ofcourse i cant speak from experience on anyones product but if i see someone act the way he does thats a no go for me. I wish i could remember the threads but i cant. Which setup are you running from him

It's a StreetBlaster 150 kit upgraded to the 250 Pulsoids with a single WON nozzle. I'm shooting to max out the 250 Pulsoids at 250 and see what it makes on a stock LS2 long block. It will be a dual WON nozzle on a single shot Pulsoid using their Maximiser progressive unit I have now.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:23 AM

Default Do not Use NosWizard

Hi Dave,

Well what can I say, I'm glad I found your post, however it was too late as I had already had to deal with self proclaimed expert "Trev" and his highly skilled staff.

I'm not going to make this a long post, suffice to say I work for a large company in the research and development of electronics so Trev and his team could not pull the wool over my eyes as I am sure he tried to with most people. It all started when I had an issue with the size of the "Max 2" and fitting it to my Yamaha motorcycle, it's bloody massive! probably using very old technology internally but I never opened it so cannot confirm this but knowing what it was doing and how we develope things this device could have been 1/4 the size and more feature-full if made correctly.

The Max 2 was never powered up or even connected before I I returned it, when they received it the accusations started flying stating "the returned unit didn't work" and that they test all their units before sending them out, the total bullshit and lack of knowledge that followed astounded me. At this point they did not know what I do for a living so I think they thought they could get away with it. ridiculous statements like they have a 0.01% failure rate without soak testing each unit before dispatch, they test the units using +5v so as not to damage them!!

Anyway, eventually I did get a refund but I was prepared to receive the "faulty unit" back and really go to town, stripping it and giving it a internet review it deserves, tbh I'm a little upset I didn't get chance, it would have put anyone reading the review off using NosWazard.

I can sympathize with anyone who has had to deal with these idiots and if your reading this PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!!! DO NOT USE NOSWIZARD

Steve
Old 04-09-2021, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,106 Likes on 2,421 Posts

EIGHT years later??
Old 04-09-2021, 10:50 AM

Sorry, didn't realise there was a limit on reading and replying to posts it happened to me recently and I found that post so thought it worth helping anyone

Steve
Old 04-09-2021, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,106 Likes on 2,421 Posts

No limit, just that after this long it is usually a dead subject with all participants long gone from the scene, as is the case here.

Quick Reply: In Response to the Nonsense of Wizards of NOS