Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference in solenoid sizes and nozzles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in solenoid sizes and nozzles?

Trying to learn a lot about nitrous lately and I was thinking of putting together my own dry system. I was wondering what the difference is in the different size solenoids. Is it just able to do a larger shot? If so, what size solenoid would I need to run up to a 150 shot and where would you suggest I look for one? I was searching around the nitrous outlet at the nx 'noids but I don't quite understand what orifice size changes. Also, what is the difference between different nozzles? Any? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: Difference in solenoid sizes and nozzles?

The different orifice size just determines the max flow rate for that noid. You can use a NOS cheater noid for a solid 150-250 I believe. If you want NX i would go with the .093 orifice nitrous noid, it will easily do 150+. Best bet would be to call one of the vendors and they can hook you up easily.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Difference in solenoid sizes and nozzles?

The most common two ways of regulating flow is solenoid orifice size and jet orifice size. Typically its either big solenoid and small jet or big jet and small solenoid. If it where me I would go big solenoid and smaller jet because it would hit alot harder.