Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Spray - '04 GTO M6 H/C/LTs

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New to Spray - '04 GTO M6 H/C/LTs

Hey everyone. I've got an '04 GTO M6 with mildly ported 853 castings, .560ish lift 112 LSA cam, and long tubes. The car has miles on it; currently I am at around 145K, but I have maintained the car quite well since owning at 65k. The car has been tuned by Dr. Phil/Phil, and he did a good, but conservative tune of the car because of the mileage. I've been bouncing around the idea of throwing a moderate shot on the car, nothing more than a 100 shot.

So, I ordered a Nitrous Outlet 78mm plate kit, with a remote opener and some other accessories. I will also be picking up a bottle opener, and a progressive controller. I've also done some reading on running a colder plug, but I'm not sure if this is necessary since I won't be spraying all the time.

As for the tuning aspect of nitrous, my BF says that the car won't need tuning for the nitrous. But looking around on Tech and LS1GTO, it seems like many get their cars retuned for nitrous. Is this necessary? I guess this is something I need to take into consideration.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

As far as the plugs go, get yourself some NGK BR7EF plugs. You wont need a tune you just need to pull timing from the tune that's in the car. Use the LNC-2000 to take timing out only when you're on the bottle. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

Quick Reply: New to Spray - '04 GTO M6 H/C/LTs