Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Controller/Pulling Timing help for Nitrous setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Nitrous Controller/Pulling Timing help for Nitrous setup

Going to be ordering a Nitrous Outlet 78mm LS1 plate kit here soon. I'm looking for a good, yet inexpensive, nitrous controller that will work well with my setup. I'm leaning towards the NOS Mini because of its progressive functions, but also because it has some of the other features I'll need like a TPS/WOT switch and RPM window switch. My car is a M6, so the window switch is a must. I plan on only having timing pulled when the Nitrous system is activated, so I'll have timing pulled via the IAT or Traction Control method (my car does not have traction control, but from what I've read, I can still do it this way). Are a lot of you guys pulling timing that way, and if so, does it work well? Are there any other Nitrous controllers out there in the same price range as the NOS Mini that would be a better option? I'm new to the whole Nitrous scene, so I appreciate the help.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The nos mini is the same controller i plan on running. U can make adjustments to the settjngs on the go. Have read good reviews about it also.

Pretty much all the other controllers need a labtop to change the settings. They also cost more money.

The nos mini and the edelbrock can both be changed on the go. Edlbrock is nice to. Either one would work great!
Old 02-12-2014, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks brandon6.0. I like everything I've read about the NOS Mini so far. One of the things that make me want this controller is the ability to make changes without the need of a laptop. I'll probably mount the NOS Mini controller somewhere near the center console so I have easy access to it.

Asside from the TPS/WOT and Window Switch, is there any other safety feature that I'll need that is a must that the NOS Mini does not have?
Old 02-12-2014, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

FPSS. if the fuel pressure goes low for some reason, it will cut the nos off so you dont run super lean and blow something.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

With the NOS Mini you get a lot of bang for your buck. For the money its a great controller.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds like the concensus says go with the NOS Mini.

Anyone pull timing via the Traction Control? I've heard of the IAT method, bust just became aware you can do it via the Traction Control, even if the vehicle doesn't come equipped with traction control. Would love to hear input from anyone who has, or currently does this.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Also, would getting something like this help simplify wiring up the Nitrous kit and NOS Mini?

http://www.leashelectronics.com/Simp...rd-SSN2012.htm
Old 02-14-2014, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Another question: If I run a dedicated fuel system (Nitrous Outlet one that goes where the fuse box goes), can I get away with pulling as much timing by running something like Q16. On say, a 100 shot, by having a dedicated fuel system with Q16, would I need to pull any timing at all?
Old 02-14-2014, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C16 or Q16 may let you get away with pulling less timing but initially you will need pull timing and sneak back up on it. I would call whoever will be tuning your car and find out what method they prefer. You don't need a dedicated for a 100 shot.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, I know that, but thinking the dedicated may end up being the best route to go in regards to safety and cost. I'll work my way up to a 200 shot.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Controller/Pulling Timing help for Nitrous setup