Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My nitrous install thread...!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I figured it out. I guess I need to learn to read better. I understand what your going to do with the Single Stage Nitrous Board, but how will you utilize the Big Dog Fuse Block and Single Relay? What all are you going to wire up to those two?
Old 03-24-2014, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The old new in box nitrous outlet purge solenoid I had did not match the new fuel and nitrous solenoids I got from nitrous outlet. After contacting Brandon he sent me a new sticker out. Here is the before and after.

I've been busy the past few days with a plug and wire change and tune for a local gto owner and this will probably take up my free time for the rest of the week so there will probably not be any progress made. My next goal is to get the wires soldered on the microedge to extend the harness, and work on getting the glovebox board completed and painted. Until I get the drivetrain back in the car that is about as far as I can take it.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
Well in that case youll kick *** man make sure you keep us updated with pics
Will do.

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
in for pics of this clean install .
I will keep this thread updated as I go.

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Could you post up or PM me the links to all three? All I was going to get was the single stsge nitrous board, but if the other two things are needed, I'll pick them up too.
See below

Originally Posted by mcshocks
Looking really nice, very similar to what I plan to do. I'm cutting out the back of my glove box though so I can remove the glovebox anytime for ease of wiring (I'll fab up a piece of sheet aluminum to mount everything on). Then I'm taking out my passenger airbag to mount my NCC-001 nitrous controller in and I'll cut off the face of the airbag and find a way to mount it over it for that "stock" look.
For sure...you don't see many no hackjob wiring jobs...at least around here. It is always nice to see someone spend the time and the money to do it right.

Ok, I looked on Leash's website and I see you have the Big Dog Fuse Block, but the Single Stage Nitrous Board on their website looks different than the one you have. Did you opt for a different one? Still not sure what the third piece from Leash that you have is.
Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
This is going to be a really nice install!
Thank you.

I figured it out. I guess I need to learn to read better. I understand what your going to do with the Single Stage Nitrous Board, but how will you utilize the Big Dog Fuse Block and Single Relay? What all are you going to wire up to those two?
The nitrous board is obvious, the single relay is going to be used for my bottle heater, and the fuse block is going to be the central location inside the glovebox for all my added electronics. This includes the microedge, digital nitrous gauge, the gto switch panel, the bottle opener, and my aem wideband. I just wanted a clean looking fuse panel that I could show off as part of the install and this thing fit the bill.

I am also going to do a common ground on the bottom of the panel as well as another area to try to eliminate clutter.

I just hope everything turns out as it is planned in my head.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks, makes more sense now. I'm trying to visualize it in my head too, but since I've never done any extensive wiring, it's kind of hard to do. The fuse block is needed for basically everything on the switch panel, so instead of using the fuse box by the drivers side door or under the hood you can run everything off this fuse block, which is much cleaner. Very nice. For the purge, you can run that off the nitrous board because it has a spot for it, right? Too bad that nitrous board doesn't have more ports on it for other accessories, but I guess that's what the other pieces are for. I think this is going to be the cleanest install I've ever seen.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, makes more sense now. I'm trying to visualize it in my head too, but since I've never done any extensive wiring, it's kind of hard to do. The fuse block is needed for basically everything on the switch panel, so instead of using the fuse box by the drivers side door or under the hood you can run everything off this fuse block, which is much cleaner. Very nice. For the purge, you can run that off the nitrous board because it has a spot for it, right? Too bad that nitrous board doesn't have more ports on it for other accessories, but I guess that's what the other pieces are for. I think this is going to be the cleanest install I've ever seen.
Yes that is correct on the fuse box. The nitrous board does have the purge spot as well.

You know, you aren't that far from me and there is a track about 10 miles from my house. Maybe when you get everything done you should come down lol.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slammin86

Yes that is correct on the fuse box. The nitrous board does have the purge spot as well.

You know, you aren't that far from me and there is a track about 10 miles from my house. Maybe when you get everything done you should come down lol.
I will do that. I'll bring along a few turbo guys too. Maybe we can beat up on them a little.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here is the idea for the electronics. After mocking the glovebox up in the car with my panel I am going to change the layout slightly but this is the basic concept. I am actually going to be able to angle the 2 main leash boards on the left hand side.

I am going to get holes drilled so I can run the wires straight through the board then I am painting it satin black.

What material is the panel you're going to install in the glove box?
Old 03-25-2014, 06:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

What material is the panel you're going to install in the glove box?
1/2" thick uhmw for now. I have a few test pieces I'm going to attempt to paint with some krylon fusion. Not sure if paint is going to adhere to it just yet.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I made some decent progress today.

First I attempted to paint a few sample pieces of the UHMW plastic material that I am using for the glovebox board. I used a scotchbrite pad to rough the surface up and then wiped them down with some prep cleaner. I did one with krylon fusion satin only, and the other I did with satin and clear. There is some dirt in the paint but I was only trying to figure out of the uhmw would hold paint and it does.

I then made the harness for the Microedge. Notice I matched the colors on the original wires.

I then decided to tackle the tedious job of the wiring harness for the GTO switch panel. I opted to solder all the connections rather than use the spade terminals.

Soon after this picture was taken I began to hate my life.

I then attempted a few mock ups in the glovebox.

Decided that the angle was no go. This is the layout I plan to use.

Then I attempted to fit the panel in the car.

Initially it wouldn't work so I ended up pulling the panel out and increasing the bends quite a bit to make it fold up and clear. Now it is installed with the double sided tape and is there to stay.

Door still shuts.

Another view.

I also made this wiring list and plan to draw up a schematic sometime this week.

Wiring for switch panel:

Red = Main Power (to glovebox fuse block)
Black = Main Ground
Blue/ White Stripe = Bottle Opener Main Power (to glovebox fuse block)
White/ Brown Stripe = Bottle Opener (In Trunk) x 2
Light Green = Arm (to microedge in glovebox)
Yellow = Purge (to relay in glovebox)
White/ Blue Stripe = Power for heater (to pressure switch in trunk)

Wiring for Microedge:

Red = Main Power (to fuse block in glovebox)
Black = Main Ground
Orange = Wideband
Light Green = Arm (to switch panel)
Blue = TPS
White = RPM
Brown = Stage 1 Control (to relay in glovebox)

Leash Nitrous Controller:

Red = Main Power (from battery)
Black = Main Ground
Brown = Stage 1 Control (from microedge)
Yellow = Purge (from switch panel)
Blue = Nitrous & fuel (underhood)
Dark Green = Purge (underhood)

Leash HD relay:

Red = Main Power (from battery)
Red = Heater (to trunk)
Black = Ground
White/ Blue Stripe (from pressure switch in trunk)

Dynotune Digital Gauge:

Brown = Main Power (from glovebox fuse panel) x2
Blue = Ground

AEM Wideband:

Red = Main Power (from glovebox fuse panel)
Black = Ground
White = 0-5v output (to Microedge & output for hp tuners)

Relay in glovebox for Fuseblock:

Green = To Fuse Panel
Black = Main Power (from battery)
White = Ground
Red = Trigger (cigarette lighter)

Leash Fuse Block:

Green = From Relay
Red = To Wideband
Brown = To Dynotune Gauge
Red = To Microedge
Red = To Switchpanel
Blue/ White Stripe = To Switchpanel (remote opener)
Old 03-30-2014, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Very nice progress. Looking really clean and professional.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Shane! Going for broke I guess. Looks beautiful as usual brother. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

What is the black box with the thick black wire coming out of it; the one next to the Microedge on your final mock up?
Old 03-31-2014, 09:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Very nice progress. Looking really clean and professional.
Thanks that's the goal.

Originally Posted by Kingsize
Damn Shane! Going for broke I guess. Looks beautiful as usual brother. Can't wait to see the finished product.
That's what I do guy.

What is the black box with the thick black wire coming out of it; the one next to the Microedge on your final mock up?
Nitrous pressure gauge.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Gottcha. I just amazes me how you can come up with all of this and think it out like you have. I know you've done it before, but damn, you've got this **** down to a science. You need to start up a side business doing this. I may have to pay you to hook me up.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gottcha. I just amazes me how you can come up with all of this and think it out like you have. I know you've done it before, but damn, you've got this **** down to a science. You need to start up a side business doing this. I may have to pay you to hook me up.
I've only installed nitrous once before. I was big into car audio for awhile and have always been comfortable with wiring stuff. Nitrous is just a bunch of wires.

I wish I would have had room in the glovebox for the dual relay setup from leash...unfortunately I am going to have to mount the relay for the fused distribution block on the bottom of my glovebox panel.

I am also keeping this setup in a way where I can remove everything from the car if needed without cutting wires.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609889

There is my sik rear end build I'm ***** deep in.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Rough draft of schematic was done...lol what a pita to do this guy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ELECTRICAL SCHEMATIC.pdf (154.5 KB, 247 views)
Old 04-07-2014, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Rough draft of schematic was done...lol what a pita to do this guy.
Is there some type of software or website that you did this on? I drew my **** out by hand and I'm far from an artist.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any progress on dis?
Old 04-20-2014, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Now that rear end and exhaust are done project blow the welds on the intake is full speed ahead...made great progress today.

Quick Reply: My nitrous install thread...!